Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BV Template - How to "cover" unwanted panel

On a new site I have started - www.arthurporritt.com

I have used a BV template which is a panel across the top and down the left hand side. To make up the rectangle of the template there is a large white area. What I want is for the site background to flow from one side to the other.

I thought I had solved this by doing a panel with the background color and placing it over the white area. This works in BV, but when published, there is the white panel again!

Any other solutions out there?
    Cheers,
    Muzz

Re: BV Template - How to "cover" unwanted panel

Mo chara,

Did you try right clicking on your rectangle and using 'Move To front' etc.?

Comment

Yes been there done that thanks. Tried all the options. As noted, it shows ok in BV, but not when published.
      Cheers,
      Muzz

Comment

Thanks Dave for checking this out. However I have already got the "pink" background set in for the whole area - that is the background I have chosen. I want this pink background to also appear where the white area is now as well. As noted earlier, it shows as pink in BV, but not when published.

There must be a simple way without someone having to be shot!

Just wondered if there is a way I could make the "white" area transparent so it would show the underlying pink background?
        Cheers,
        Muzz

Comment

Muzz
          Sorry...I deleted my first response because it was not correct!
          OK...Now that you have your background; put a "shape" (square rectangle) over the entire white space. (No border on it). Now, select "solid" and a color. Use the "more colors" button in the color window; then click on the eye dropper icon. This allows you to "pick any color" on the page! Move the dropper over the pink color and click. Then click OK. The shape will now be pink.

Preview. If the white is still there; go back to BV builder and click on the template. Move it to "back". If it still shows white; you arent getting the template in back! Don't try to move the pink shape to the front because the template is on top and you won't be able to select it!

Now I think this is correct info!! LOL

Comment

Thanks again. I had previously done just what you had suggested - which is now I got it looking correct in BlueVoda. I think you might have missed the point I made earlier is that the whole thing looks exactly as I want it in BV - but when published the white panel reappears. Yup, I have refreshed it numerous times etc etc.
            Am stuck, stucccccckkkkk!
            Cheers,
            Muzz

Comment

To see BV v the published version see: www.arthurporritt.com/AP.doc (Word)
              Cheers,
              Muzz

Comment

Just so I can understand this correctly; let ask this. Does it look correctly in "Preview"? (I don't mean in BV. I mean when you click the "Preview" button in BV)

Comment

Nope it doesnt look correct in preview either.
                  Cheers,
                  Muzz

Comment

OK!! It is simply that you aren't getting the template to the back! After you select it to move to back; first right click on it and verify that you have the "Image" NOT the "Shape". If you have selected the shape instead of the image(template); then move it to front. I went thru this problem in my BV and I mistakenly selected the wrong iten first, but finall figured that out and it did what you want it to do.

Comment

Drat it Dave - you are correct! I should have picked that up myself and was convinced I had tried every option. What happened is that I recall finding it difficult to line up the "shape" against the "template" and pushing it behind. Its not perfect yet, but better.

Thanks again - hopefully I can return the favour sometime.
                      Cheers,
                      Muzz

Comment

Quite alright, Muzz! Everytime I can work on a new question; I learn something too!

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                        X