video very slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video very slow

Hi, I have created a page and inserted a video window by using the windows media player option. I have inserted a video, which shows well on preview but on the published page it is so slow that I think any viewer will feel there is something wrong and close the window.I have previously uploaded the video file to my root directory using the FTP function.Since it is a public HTML shouldit not be fast?
    Have I missed out on something here?
    Can someone tell me how to get this faster on BV?
    I have uploaded videos on google and as soon as you click on the link it starts to play.
    Nadia

Re: video very slow

Hi, cant really say much without being able to see it. But you will find many of the online video players will strip a video to the minimum to make them work faster. This is why they never look that great when enlarged.
    You can either convert to flash or place the video on google or youtube and link to it.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: video very slow

have you tried to look at the video from another computor. why dont you list the link and let us look. i probably have 40 videos on my site, some flash and some WMV. all seem to play well, the screen size doesnt matter. that is why i use BV.
      mrmagoo144
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
      X