Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about linking pages (umpteenth version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about linking pages (umpteenth version)

Howdy people!

I'm having hard time with the issue so I wonder if it is possible at all. I'd like to link pages in a way they are linked in MS Publisher (2003), that is numbered, ranked and operated with at the bottom of the page. I would like to preview page and preview only to see its possibilities before I upload it anywhere.

If you're interested why I try to switch from Publisher, is that Publisher doesn't support/ insert inner frames. It doesn't even know what frames are. Well, BV doesn't seem to support linking in the software itself or ...?

Thanks for reply! N.
    Last edited by Noisenik; 06-01-2008, 11:32 AM. Reason: grammar

Re: question about linking pages (umpteenth version)

Hi Noisenik
    Each page you build with Publisher can be linked to and presented in an I Frame created with your BV Web Builder. When using I Frames all pages will have to be published to see; cannot be done in Preview. I suggest you look into I Frame Tutorials offered here by Voda Hoast... Hope That helps... Doug

Comment

I am not familiar with Publisher. Can you save it as a web page/html?? If not, only visitors with Publisher installed on their computer will be able to view the page. I do not have Pub on my computer.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Hi Carbon Terry
        Publisher is a common Microsoft program that is usually used to create newsletters cards posters etc...that can be saved in a variety of ways i.e web page, gif, jpeg etc.... pretty good and easy to use... Doug

Comment

Hi N,

I have stopped using Ms Publisher as it is a limited capability website builder
          unlike Blue Voda which is easy to use and unlimited capabilities.

If you insist on using Publisher save you creation as "for the web"
          in your C:\My Documents\My Web

The files will be saved as "html" files and use an ftp to upload to
          a folder or directory in your publc_html/

The page will not be viewable unless you have a hyperlink from your
          homepage or another page to the "index" of the Publisher website created by you.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I found out I cannot use BV where I supposed I would. Eh, eh, silly, silly me. Thanks for all the info.

Comment

Working...
            X