PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Custom Background in BV

PlayItByBeer
06-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Looking to create an easy custom Background for BV without the help of graphic design software?

In BlueVoda open Shape tool>>choose gradient colours which fit your page best>>remove border>>adjust the shape's height to the same as the page's height>>drag and reduce the shapes width to about 10pix>>preview>>right click save the shape>>insert the small .gif file into page properties>>background.

Cheers,

CarbonTerry
06-02-2008, 01:33 AM
Good One!!!!Ihave linked to your post from an older one of mine!!

talkativetaurus
08-02-2008, 05:04 PM
is it poss to use gradients in anyway for texts ?

PlayItByBeer
08-02-2008, 05:27 PM
is it poss to use gradients in anyway for texts ?
Hi Talkative,

I take it you mean in BV?
I'm not sure of your application but there are two ways to achieve this or similar:
1) Logo tool in BV>>take the logo shape to text only>>fill effects>>text>>choose between path or linear gradient>>with or without text border depends if your gradient colours are similar to background>>play with the shadow for a nice 'stand off the page' 3D effect. or
2) Text (plain) on a gradient shaped background (shape tool in BV)

Cheers,

talkativetaurus
08-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Hi Talkative,

I take it you mean in BV?
I'm not sure of your application but there are two ways to achieve this or similar:
1) Logo tool in BV>>take the logo shape to text only>>fill effects>>text>>choose between path or linear gradient>>with or without text border depends if your gradient colours are similar to background>>play with the shadow for a nice 'stand off the page' 3D effect. or
2) Text (plain) on a gradient shaped background (shape tool in BV)

Cheers,

yes definitely in BV ... but i m finding it difficult to understand ur first point..umm where is the logo tool? ... i dont want to use the second one right nw since i dont have gradient bkground nw...

pls make the language little simpler if u can...i ll go n try it nw ...

thnx.

PlayItByBeer
08-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Go to: BV>>insert>>extra>>logo>>now double click logo shape>>add your own 'logo text'>>change font(type & size)>>change logo shape to 'text only'>>fill effects>>text>>change start and end colours to your requirements.

Cheers,

talkativetaurus
08-03-2008, 08:08 PM
wow this is simply grt ... thnx buddy!