Paypal Shopping/checkout question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal Shopping/checkout question

I want to tie everything in, I'll be using paypal for my shopping cart. What I want to know is, When a customer makes a selection on my site and ticks the add to cart button I want them to be able to choose a size, type of grind, and quantity. What do I have to do for the next step for the customer to continue shopping or check out?
    I want to tie this all together.

kind of lost here

Randall
    member #18940
    www.SflaMarineRepair.com
    Have a Great day!

Re: Paypal Shopping/checkout question

Originally posted by coffee4uandme View Post
    I want to tie everything in, I'll be using paypal for my shopping cart. What I want to know is, When a customer makes a selection on my site and ticks the add to cart button I want them to be able to choose a size, type of grind, and quantity. What do I have to do for the next step for the customer to continue shopping or check out?
    I want to tie this all together.

kind of lost here

Randall
    member #18940
    Randall,

Although it is limited, if you create your buy now buttons from within your paypal account and not with the BV builder you have the options via the advanced tab to set up three or four variants. If however the limitations given by paypal will not cover you, contact George (Naval Design on this forum) who can write you an excellent cart script to do exactly as you want. I can highly recommend his work and prices.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Ramsey,

Or who'm ever can help...

I will be creating everything in BV builder. My buttons can also be created in BV too.
      I will have a list of coffees.
      Example: Espresso
      Example ad: Great flavor, smooth body and bright finish.
      Example variation: Whole Bean, Espresso Grind, Drip Grind
      Example Variation: 1 pound, 5 pounds
      Example Qty: 1
      Add to Cart button
      When the customer has finished with their selections, I want the variations they selected remembered.
      This has to go to a form? or checkout sheet for them to view?
      Having the option to continue shopping or check out at this point too
      I would like to know how it's done though (tutorial, Sticky)
      I'm savoy enough I can do this, I just need some direction

Randall
      www.SflaMarineRepair.com
      Have a Great day!

Comment

Ramsey,

Or who'm ever can help...

I will be creating everything in BV builder. My buttons can also be created in BV too.
        I will have a list of coffees.
        Example: Espresso
        Example ad: Great flavor, smooth body and bright finish.
        Example variation: Whole Bean, Espresso Grind, Drip Grind
        Example Variation: 1 pound, 5 pounds
        Example Qty: 1
        Add to Cart button
        When the customer has finished with their selections, I want the variations they selected remembered.
        This has to go to a form? or checkout sheet for them to view?
        Having the option to continue shopping or check out at this point too
        I would like to know how it's done though (tutorial, Sticky)
        I'm savoy enough I can do this, I just need some direction

Randall
        Randall,

This is what I am saying to you though... the paypal buttons in your BV tool don't have the scope to allow variations of this kind, but doing them through your paypal account might. Paypal then generate a code including the variations that you then insert onto your BV created pages.

However... I know there are limitations to the variations you can have through Paypal, so my own personal advice is to play around in PayPal cart and see what they will allow you to do. If you find they won't allow this many variants then contact George who will I am sure make you a script that WILL allow the variants and this can be built in with your BV pages and Paypal checkout. George has done this a couple of times for me and it works very well.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

So,
          I guess there are no stickies or tutorials to do this? and George is the only one that has the know how? (Nothing bad towards George), but I'm able to work through this with persistance (I like a challenge)

Maybe Paypal isn't the way to go? should I look at other shopping cart that will handle 175 products with variations?

Randall
          www.SflaMarineRepair.com
          Have a Great day!

Comment

So,
            I guess there are no stickies or tutorials to do this? and George is the only one that has the know how? (Nothing bad towards George), but I'm able to work through this with persistance (I like a challenge)

Maybe Paypal isn't the way to go? should I look at other shopping cart that will handle 175 products with variations?

Randall
            George isn't the only one no.. but just one I CAN recommend as I have used him.

You could try using a shopping cart yes, you can install soho onto your VH account but if you have created BV pages already you may need your account resetting. You can try mals cart, that's quite a good one... there's loads of options.... My line of work tends to be more on the brochure type sites than ecommerce ones so I might not be the best to advise you here.

Comment

I can't even figure out how to use the Paypal buttons :( If I preview my webpage with them, nothing much happens. There are lot's of things in the properties of the buttons that I don't understand. Is there a tutorial anywhere?
              If all else fails, drink beer.

http://www.latexmate.net

Comment

walk....
                The link below is the tutorial that instructs you about BV's PayPal button creation. These are very limited in their options. As Ramsey said, above; for more options and a more useful PayPal button; go to paypal.com and read their instructions about creating the PayPal buttons. (You must have an account with PayPal for the buttons to do their task!)

For future reference: forum etiquette requires one to post a new thread, rather than interrupt someone's question. This may be why you have not received a reply 'til now.
                Good luck with your website!

Comment

Thanks Major Dave!

I'll see what I can do through Paypal, as I do have an account.

Randall
                  www.SflaMarineRepair.com
                  Have a Great day!

Comment

Randall..

Go use mals you can do this form with mals buttons and still use paypal.. just google mals ecart or mals ecommerce...on the home page there is a link to a third party site.. or look for one of my posts i did not long ago with an actual link to it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Found It!

Thank you

Randall
                      www.SflaMarineRepair.com
                      Have a Great day!

Comment

yw.. much easier than beating yourself to death when its already done for ya! (note: you do have to set up a mals account but its free, didnt make that real clear either i guess)

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                        X