Adding Zip Files To Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Zip Files To Website

I was trying to have zipped ebooks that you can download from my site. I opened up BlueFTP and I created a new folder and then uploaded my files. The problem I have is how how do I link them to my site. Do I put the long ftp address in the link? If so wouldnt people be able to see all my info? And what are the permissions things? I tried looking for videos to help, but could not find any.

Trackbacks???

Re: Adding Zip Files To Website

Originally posted by prettyandre View Post
    I was trying to have zipped ebooks that you can download from my site. I opened up BlueFTP and I created a new folder and then uploaded my files. The problem I have is how how do I link them to my site. Do I put the long ftp address in the link? If so wouldnt people be able to see all my info? And what are the permissions things? I tried looking for videos to help, but could not find any.

Trackbacks???
    Hi ..

1. You will need to upload via ftp the file
    2. If you have created a folder to upload these to then you will also need to include the name of the folder in the linking
    - the link would look like this http://www.yourdomain.com/nameoffolder/nameoffile.pdf
    3. you will need to use the exact name of the file along with its extension, if it's a pdf for example
    4. On your page, you can use an image or a text link to link to your file ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X