search submission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search submission

I submitted my site and found it on google but there was a page that was on my site that i deleted why is it still on there i did delete it then saved those changes and republished it. will it eventually be taken off as the engines crawl it ?

Re: search submission

Did you delete it in your control panel? It doesn't matter if you delete it from the files on your computer, once you publish it it remains in your public_html until you remove it.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

okay i did that, how long would it take for it to change on the search engines?I checked again after i deleted it in my control panel and the page was still there

Comment

The control panel is not a search engine, that is something totally different. Your control panel deals with only the stuff you need to make your site run, pages, scripts etc. If you delete something from your control panel the result is immediate, the page will refresh after you hit delete and poof its gone, unless you publish it again.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net

Comment

Well, the page is gone, but the se's can still be sending traffic there. Whenever you get rid of a page, you really should do a redirect from it- as in this case, that page is getting se traffic. Now, if the se tries to send someone to the page, since you deleted it from the cp - they'll get a page not found -

I don't recommend deleting/getting rid of pages, but better is redoing the page. If you can't find a reason to redo it to keep the traffic, then definintely you want to do a redirect since the se's are sending traffic there.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Good point Bethers, forgot about that. Thanks
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net

Comment

how do you redirect it and to where. its kinda frustrating getting the site done then having this problem especially when the page i deleted was one i did not want. mistake on my part but still annoying

Comment

how new is the page you deleted? If it's not getting much traffic, I wouldn't worry about it - if it is, then we'll readdress the redirect.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

deleted about 3 days ago,however i would like to know about redirecting.when somebody clicks on the menu button and then they get taken to a page that says error i just think its unprofessonal.

Comment

Working...
                  X