What you guys think bout my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you guys think bout my site

Bluevoda has come true for me and now i got my own site thanks blue voda.

So everyone can i get your take on my site how it looks and if i need to change or add anything thank you!

www.greenguana.com

Re: What you guys think bout my site

Hi Mr Benjamin,

To me as a traveller from across the world, it looks amateurish.
    You need to center your page in the browser set your alignments
    for your photos, shapes and images.
    Your info at the bottom of the page are too far down with too much space in between. Move them just below your shape.

The Colors are a bit gaudy for my taste, I would prefer if you want to use a lot of colours, do not use strong contrasting colors but instead use light pastel colors so they do not clash with message you are trying to present.

Your overall idea and concept is good, presentation is good. Work on it more to present it in a more professional manner. To achieve this go surf
    the internet to other travel sites and some in Asia to refresh your ideas.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Good start, I agree with the post above the colors are overwhelming. Is this site meant to promote your business? It looks as if you made it to caiter to children in that the fonts (though playfull) do not look professional. Stay with basic web freindly fonts for the links and captions on your photos. Center the pages and set the page widths to 800 - 1000.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Hi, Ditto with above, the pages also needs to made small as there is quite a bit of side scroll.It seem like you might of also either not had very good images to begin with or you might of over compensated to make them web friendly. Keep it up! It will come right.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Mr Benjamin,

As I tend to agree with the above, the way I see it you have a challenge. It's too bright and busy for us but you want it that way. Bright, colorful and full of fun is what the Carribean is all about, right?

Firstly I would urge you to not wholesale abandon your own gut about what the site should feel like but rather consider our suggestions as to how you can moderate it.

When I first drafted our site I overdid everything. Colors, font size and type all added up to be too much and over time I began to see its garishness and took steps to tone it down but never abandoned my original concept entirely.

Do center your page, do be sure to use web friendly fonts, do reduce it's width to no more than 1000 pixels as these are things that speak immediately of professionalism. Play around with your colors and design to find a compromise that will entrance your visitors in its own unique way. The suggestion to view many other sights of a similar nature is a very good one. You will find things to emulate and other ways to set yourself apart.

You have done much that is right and a lot of good and hard work shows for a first effort.

Best of luck!
          Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Mr Benjamin
            Sedona put it perfectly, I did not mean for you to abandon the overall concept. As he said find a compromise that you feel comfortable with, maybe tone done the colors a bit (you could make them a little more transperent that would make it easier on the eyes) you can still have a fun site, even with better font. I think your off to a great start, don't feel we are tearing down all your hard work we are just trying to offer non-bias suggestions about what we feel you could do to make your site attract more customers. Keep up the good work, and I'll check back later.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

[MEDIA]
              Awesome!!

[/MEDIA]

Comment

Thanks Guys am really appreciating the replies

Comment

Hi,

As it was said above......I like the 'water' background but it doesn't go at all with the very strong green you are using. If the Caribbean is about relaxation as you say in your site, you should think about colours related to that.

Good luck!
                  N Z B R
                  t o u r s
                  New Zealand Tours
                  Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
                  Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
                  Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                  Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

lose the water backround i'd say
                    -FunnyPicz