Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I make the guestbook not in an inline frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I make the guestbook not in an inline frame?

I don't like the guestbook in an inline frame. Can I change that?
    -Zachary
    www.pebblecrossing.com
    Earn While you Search the Web!

Re: How can I make the guestbook not in an inline frame?

Help!, please answer, thanks
    -Zachary
    www.pebblecrossing.com

Comment

Can someone please help me????
      -Zachary
      www.pebblecrossing.com

Comment

Yes, you can go straight to the guest book page (it is php) as it is created by BV. However, you can't add anything else in there unless you know how to add html code.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

you mean I can edit it with <form> tags instead of <inline frame> tags?
          -Zachary
          www.pebblecrossing.com

Comment

No. i don't understand what you mean. Let me explain:

The BV built in gustbook is a php form that posts to itself (refreshes) when a user submits a new post. However, a normal user can't edit (visually) the php page easily. So the BV staff have decided to embed the guestbook through a I-frame. By sizing the Iframe, you size the geustbook, as it's code displays the content in a 100% table (meaning a table that takes the entire width available).
            This solution also allows you to "dress" the rest of the page as you like it, visually, directly in BV. It is an easy and comfortable solution and i don't see why you don't like it. Anyway, if you want to have the guestbook directly in your page, you need to open the guestbook.php (you need to download it from your site) and manually edit it for the visual part. After you have edited the part of code that is responsible for the visual output, and after you have eventually added other elements (like Logo, menus etc) you can re-upload the edited file directly on your site.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I just don't want a scroll bar. I want it to display all of the posts with out a scroll bar on my page.
              -Zachary
              www.pebblecrossing.com

Comment

I would like a review guest book like this one (I don't really care about the login part of it, although I wouldn't mind having one!): http://www.thefreshloaf.com/bookrevi...tebookofbreads
                -Zachary
                www.pebblecrossing.com

Comment

The BV built in guest book can't do what you want. Also, that is not a guestbook, it is a blog. And users must be registered to post.
                  If you need something like this i suggest you have a look at what Fantastico in your CP can offer, or what you can find on the net.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

ok, thanks!
                    -Zachary
                    www.pebblecrossing.com

Comment

Ok, it's been a long time, but I can't find or figure out how to make a blog in a website. It looks like it has to have a template. Can a make it within my website some how?
                      -Zachary
                      www.pebblecrossing.com

Comment

Working...
                      X