Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help!

Hello,
    I building a website with a lot of articles.
    How i add simply articles and organize them by pages in bluevoda(like cms system)???
    There is a way to do that??

Re: I need some help!

Hi Drake ..

To answer your question how to organize and publish articles using blue voda you will need to create your own "filing system". I am not sure how many you refer to when you say alot, however, the amount will determine how large of a file system you might require. For the sake of this reply I will assume a hundred. (If it's only a few dozen, I would avoid adding another directory).
    You must remember when adding another directory (folder) that this directory (folder) name will need to be in the linking to the documents.

1. Create a directory (folder) in your public_html directory called articles.
    2. Open Blue Voda and proceed to upload via ftp, the pdf articles. (In your webbuilder, go to tools, ftp manager, connect, your computer files are on the left, browse through your computer to locate the documents and upload them to your public_html/articles directory - found by browsing now on the files on the right side of your computer screen)
    3. Now your articles are in your directory and ready to be found by applying links on your blue voda pages.
    4. On your blue voda page called articles - begin to link each document. The links for each document should look like this:
    http://www.yourdomain.com/articles/nameofarticle.pdf As with all links, it is important to remember that the very name of the pdf document is the very name and spelling you need to apply to your link. You can apply the name of the pdf document on your blue voda page as text and link to the document as you link text. (highlight the words, insert link, type in the full address of the link).

- If you have only a few dozen, no need to create a separate folder as they will easily be found in your directory, i this case, just upload via ftp to the pubic_html directory .. If it's more than hundreds, consider refining them down again, perhaps creating a few catergories to publish those articles in .. in this case you would add individual folders, for each category, inside of the articles folder that you created. The link would then add another folder - which is done by /nameoffolder .. so would be
    /articles/categoryname/nameofarticle.pdf

- remember, all small letters, no spaces between words unless the words are joined together by the use of the _symbol .. and as well, this should also apply to the names of your pdf documents. The names of the pdf documents should also reflect your content.

Good Luck .. You can do it!!!

P.S. If this happens to be an add on domain then your beginning directory would be public_html/addondomain .. ok ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: I need some help!

thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
      X