Joomla question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joomla question

Hi, I created a test sub-domain to play around with Joomla. I've got installed and it's very cool. I'm thinking of redoing my current site with it. I would like to know if there is a way to build it just as I want, with the templates that I want and so forth, and then make an identical copy of it over to another domain. This will let me move my web site to Joomla with virtually no down time. Can anyone provide me with some direction on this? Thanks.
    Guys Poker Night Out - Beat your friends at poker

Re: Joomla question

Are saying that you want to clone you Joomla database?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Sure, I suppose that would work. I want to build a web site on Joomla, on a sub-domain then copy it to another domain. How would I go about doing that?
      Guys Poker Night Out - Beat your friends at poker

Comment

Not real sure, because I've never used Joomla, but I have transferred phpBB forums around a little within my site with no problems. I just ran basic installation into different directories, and then moved the files and database tables as needed. To make my forum what it is now, I created it in a directory named "test", built and modded it there and then copied it over intact to a directory called "forum", which was the link my users already had. It was a snap to move it. It does require great attention to detail to make sure everything gets moved properly, though. Forget to dot one 'i' or cross one 't' and and you'll put the sh in front of those letters and say it out loud. lol
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

thats fairly easy. Joomla gets all its config info from the config.php file, you dont even need to move your database. all youll need to change is the path to the site files in the configphp file, then you are as good as done
          alternatively, do your template, export your database as "data only" using REPLACE, then do a fresh install of the joomla on your new destination, dump the exported data files, copy the folder containin the template you have modified to the templated directory to the new site/templates, then login to admin, set the new template as default and you are done
          more help, go to joomla.org forums,
          cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X