Customizing Price & Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customizing Price & Payment

The site I'm developing caters only the Philippine market, hence - I did not find any Peso sign from the payment options window. I want to use the "P" sign for peso and I want to have the option of using COD as payment scheme. How can I do this? Thank you.

Re: Customizing Price & Payment

COD is not available, as far as I know, unless you can figure out how to configure using the real-time shipping plug-in for either UPS or the mail to collect funds (FedEx doesn't do COD) for you....and then you will need to re-configure your transactional base to be more like a "downloads" site, basically authorizing a transaction (and creating a transaction number and shipping order) but somehow not processing payment......dunno on that one.....maybe someone else has done this and can adivse specifically.

If you use PayPal, funds are automatically converted, and the internet "defaulted" currency is the USD or the Euro. Even if you do not use PayPal, and use a Merchant Account with Gateway, funds are automatically converted prior to deposit for you (as they must be finally processed by your bank), so despite your preference for 'display' it is really a moot issue.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Well, display is of importance coz Filipino buyers are reluctant if they see $ sign. As I mentioned earlier, the site caters to Philippine market only. It's sad COD is not available in Soho.

Comment

I replied that as far I knew, Soholaunch did not have a COD option pre-installed, and that there might be a plug-in available on the after-market....you will need to either immerse yourself in the Official Soho Forums to search for others previous solutions or on the net for a "developer/supplier" of a plug-in that may be available (not free, most likely).

As far as simply using the "Peso" symbol, again, you should figure out from the Forums how to add either a new set of characters to your cart, or possibly re-configure the defaulted language (it has been done, so it's up to you).

Use the Official resources to explore your potential solutions, and make the efforts to really take charge of your cart development. If you decide to turn to a professional authorized SohoPro, you'll find www.TemplateZapper.com both capable and affordable.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You may be able to set PESO's When you configure your country and shipping etc. C.O.D is a risky biz. You can set it to OTHER: Check Money Order, and put a note that you also accept C.O.D. but.. be prepared for HIGHER shipping costs and lots of lost orders...etc etc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X