How To Use Form With Aweber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Use Form With Aweber

Please i'll like to know if this naw form wizard'll allow me to use my aweber form name together with this form created in BV form wizard.

I've got a subsription list & account in aweber autoresponder setup. Is there any way i can creat a form with the form wizard & link or just add my subsription email list name to it so that contact details colected from costomer be sent & stored with aweber.

I've created a form in aweber but the form is too big in size to the one i whant to use on my page at fredpublishing.com

I'll like to delate this and create a simple small form in BV & link it to aweber.

Thank for assisting.

Re: How To Use Form With Aweber

Create a smaller form, as you like it, in BV. Make sure that yo include all the (eventual) hidden fields that the original aweber form had, and also make sure to have everything the same: field names, action, encoding type, etc, and it will work.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval,

But how willi know the same encoding type, form action,action and etc that the aweber form has. This seems to be a bit complicated.

Please can you guid me through to finding, working this out and linking it to aweber.

Many thanks to you.

Comment

Please post here the aweber form code
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Navel.
          Below is the code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://forms.aweber.com/form/07/891694307.js"></script>

Comment

Hm... I retrieved the form code from aweber. It is created by a Javascript. Actually, what you posted above, is only the script source, which then creates the form in your page.

Now, this script is far more than a form creator, it also sets cookies (probably to avoid multiple signups). So a simple BV form can't do the job. You should modify the script, and then embed it in your own page, OR, which i think is much simpler, go back in the aweber form creation wizard, and create another form, smaller this time.

Anyway, here is the alternative way of doing it:

Insert a Script object in your BV page, select "Javascript" and paste the following code:

Code:

document.write("<center><form method=\"post\" action=\"http://www.aweber.com/scripts/addlead.pl\" target=\"_new\"><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"meta_web_form_id\" value=\"891694307\"><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"meta_split_id\" value=\"\"><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"unit\" value=\"fredpublishing\"><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"redirect\" value=\"http://www.aweber.com/form/thankyou_vo.html\" id=\"redirect_02b9a2d449d9de62dd19b45605ea6d4a\"><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"meta_redirect_onlist\" value=\"\"><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"meta_adtracking\" value=\"\"><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"meta_message\" value=\"1\"><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"meta_required\" value=\"from\"><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"meta_forward_vars\" value=\"0\"><table><tr><td colspan=2><center><p align=\"center\"><strong>Sign Up To Our Email List To Claim...<br /></strong><u><strong>Your Free Bonuses Now...<br /></strong></u><br />Sign up NOW And I'll Send YOU Your Gifts.<br /></p></center></td></tr><tr><td>Name:</td><td><input type=\"text\" name=\"name\" value=\"\" size=\"20\"></td></tr><tr><td>Email:</td><td><input type=\"text\" name=\"from\" value=\"\" size=\"20\"></td></tr><tr><td align=\"center\" colspan=\"2\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value=\"I've Signed Up, Send Them Now!\"></td></tr></table></form></center>");
            function setCookie(name, value, expires, path, domain, secure) {
            var curCookie = name + "=" + escape(value) +
            ((expires) ? "; expires=" + expires.toGMTString() : "") +
            ((path) ? "; path=" + path : "") +
            ((domain) ? "; domain=" + domain : "") +
            ((secure) ? "; secure" : "");
            document.cookie = curCookie;
            }
            function getCookie(name) {
            var dc = document.cookie;
            var prefix = name + "=";
            var begin = dc.indexOf("; " + prefix);
            if (begin == -1) {
            begin = dc.indexOf(prefix);
            if (begin != 0) return null;
            } else
            begin += 2;
            var end = document.cookie.indexOf(";", begin);
            if (end == -1)
            end = dc.length;
            return unescape(dc.substring(begin + prefix.length, end));
            }

unique_track = new Image();
            unique_track.src = "http://forms.aweber.com/form/displays.htm?id=HJyMbJwszAzs";
            This is practically the same form, without all those blank rows.

Another solution:

Create the form in BV. Here are the hidden fields and method etc as retrieved from your own Javascript from awever:

method="post" action="http://www.aweber.com/scripts/addlead.pl"
            <input type="hidden" name="meta_web_form_id" value="891694307">
            <input type="hidden" name="meta_split_id" value="">
            <input type="hidden" name="unit" value="fredpublishing">
            <input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="http://www.aweber.com/form/thankyou_vo.html" id="redirect_02b9a2d449d9de62dd19b45605ea6d4a">
            <input type="hidden" name="meta_redirect_onlist" value="">
            <input type="hidden" name="meta_adtracking" value="">
            <input type="hidden" name="meta_message" value="1">
            <input type="hidden" name="meta_required" value="from">
            <input type="hidden" name="meta_forward_vars" value="0">
            <input type="text" name="name" value="" size="20">
            <input type="text" name="from" value="" size="20">
            <input type="submit" name="submit" value="I've Signed Up, Send Them Now!">

The three lines in red, are the ones taht correspond to the Name field, Email field and Submit button. These will be built in BV. The hidden fields, with the exact above values, MUSt be inserted as hidden fields in the form.
            You can see yourself the action .

However, this is not enough. You also need to insert a Script object, and paste ONLY the following part of code (as the part that creates the form MUST be left out):

Code:

function setCookie(name, value, expires, path, domain, secure) {
                 var curCookie = name + "=" + escape(value) +
                  ((expires) ? "; expires=" + expires.toGMTString() : "") +
                  ((path) ? "; path=" + path : "") +
                  ((domain) ? "; domain=" + domain : "") +
                  ((secure) ? "; secure" : "");
                 document.cookie = curCookie;
               }
               function getCookie(name) {
                  var dc = document.cookie;
                  var prefix = name + "=";
                  var begin = dc.indexOf("; " + prefix);
                  if (begin == -1) {
              begin = dc.indexOf(prefix);
              if (begin != 0) return null;
                  } else
              begin += 2;
                  var end = document.cookie.indexOf(";", begin);
               if (end == -1)
                  end = dc.length;
                  return unescape(dc.substring(begin + prefix.length, end));
               }

unique_track = new Image();
                  unique_track.src = "http://forms.aweber.com/form/displays.htm?id=HJyMbJwszAzs";
            Good luck.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks Naval,

I've cloned the page & tried the easier option you gave above & it worked.
              But still that big and with ActiveX, can't open imidietly on screen onless you click to allow it.

In aweber form creation, you can only creat one size of form, which is this, and i can't see an option to make it simple. Aweber said i can only mudify it with my editor. But how? no idea...

Any way to create the form in bv & link it to my aweber autopesponder email list, without creating the form at all in aweber.

Again, how can i center my page in the browser. I did start the buiding the site from farest left & ticked to center it in the browser, as i was told here, but it never centered at all after creating it. you can see it here:

fredpublishing.com

Thank for helping.

Comment

I already modified it for you, in the code i posted above. To further modify, you can either do it in a html editor (even Notepad) if you have the knowledge, or follow the second solution creating the form in BV.

Tha Active X warning will only display in Preview, should not show when published.

Your page will never center because you have set the width to be 820 px. BUT, the top image 8which i can't see, is that a BV shape that has not published ?) is 1046 px wide.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Thank Naval,
                  I've given up for now. Yes it did't show now that i've published it.

Any idea on centering the page? It looks so odd to view.

Thanks for your wonderful assistance.

Comment

Please read above about centering.

And, i DID explain the way of making the form in BV, in my post with the codes. Please read it again.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Sorry i didn't see it b4, There's no image there yet. It's a bv shape that i'll add image to later.

I did made the width 800px, it did'nt center so i increased it to 820, still the same. Don't know what to put it at to center properly.

Comment

Since your header is 1046, that's what you need to put in there. of course, the page will only center if you have a monitor with more than 1046 resolution, and you have an active window larger than 1046 (some times, side bars "steal" width). If it is less, it will all come to the left
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks again Naval,

I've increased the width, & it's fine now. Thanks for your assistance.

Just b4 i leave you, (4 now) please i just want to join vodahost affiliate, but on the form which says "your paypal.com" what goes there. Is it my paypal user name or my paypal user email address.

Comment

Your PayPal Username IS your PayPal user email address.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks you're such a great friend in need!!!!!

Thanks for your prompt responses....

Comment

Working...
                              X