Page size changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page size changed

Hi! I'm a little confused. 99% of my index page was built.Page size in properties was exactly how I wanted it. Previewing, and saving each step of the way, especially page size. Making sure nothing changed..... Until I got to my final step which was inserting a tab menu a the bottom of my page,(horizontally). Nothing went over the page width. Right after I finished I did a preview.The page grew in width. A lot! Can you tell me why?
    I did a reboot and it was still too wide. I then tried it on a new test clone page. This time I put just the tab bar in. Same thing.
    Thank You

whitemice.net

Re: Page size changed

Hi, have you accidentally pulled the tabs out on the menu bar & made it larger than is really needed?????
    Its a bit hard to say without seeing the page.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Nope...I checked that right off the bat. This is weird!

Comment

Hi, can you publish the page for us to see?????????
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I really didn't want to until the site was finished. I will if you tell me it that I can continue working on it in the same way. Didn't want to mess with Cpanel yet. Please advise.

Comment

Hi! I published it for you.

Comment

LOLOL - you might think you sized it smaller, but it can't be sized smaller than it is - you have a ton of tabs - and it has to take up all that space to be able to see them. In other words, you can think you are resizing it to within your size constraints, but you can't put something that is 10 inches wide into a 5 inch container. Why don't you try doing 2 lines of links?

You also might want to consider text links instead of the buttons down there :)
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

I did think of that....so I removed half of them, checked preview and it was still to wide.

How does the site look so far? I've only got at least another 150 pages to go! LOL

Comment

Figured it out.....I think. Sooooo silly! The handles were humongous! Way out in right field. I'm also going to use smaller fonts.
                  Thank You For Your Help!

Comment

Hi, its your bottom menu that is the main problem at 1500px wide. You also have your web pages set a 1200 plus wide & is creating a lot of side scroll.
                    If you are thinking of a site with 150+ pages, I would seriously look at Navals .php method of setting up your site to save a lot of work at a latter date.

Good luck.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                    X