This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with publishing website.

Hi there, i have a few problems. I'm fairly new to this, never published a site before and need some help. firstly i am going to buy a .ie domain name and need to know if vodahost can host this site. secondly when i am registering the domain name they ask for the hosts nameserver and i'm not sure where to find this. and lastly, when i was building the site i saved a previewed web page to email to a friend to get her opinion but none of the background images, pictures or buttons showed up only the text appeared. is this normal and will these problems dissappear when the site is published?

thanks

Re: help with publishing website.

Hi Enviroline,

First thig first.

Buy a hosting account and get a free domain name.

Goto

and all your questions on hosting and domain names will be answered.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Re: help with publishing website.

Originally posted by enviroline View Post
      Hi there, i have a few problems. I'm fairly new to this, never published a site before and need some help. firstly i am going to buy a .ie domain name and need to know if vodahost can host this site. secondly when i am registering the domain name they ask for the hosts nameserver and i'm not sure where to find this. and lastly, when i was building the site i saved a previewed web page to email to a friend to get her opinion but none of the background images, pictures or buttons showed up only the text appeared. is this normal and will these problems dissappear when the site is published?thanks
      At this time, VodaHost does not offer ".ie" domains either for purchase or "free" with Account signup as mentioned. You will need to purchase this 'locally' and simply let it remain "parked" with whomever you purchase it from.

When you do sign up for an account at VodaHost, you will receive an Account Confirmation email (which I suggest you print out multiple copies of immediately to store securely, to avoid accidental deletion), and this email will provide you will all the information you will need to know about your account, including how to make DNS changes to your domain name so it will point to your website published to your VodaHost account.

Very simple, actually, but only after you create your VodaHost Account will this information be delivered.

As far as not seeing your images in a Blue Voda created webpage that has not been published, it is because the pathways to those images does not reside on the recipient's computer as it does on yours: the resource images have not been uploaded to a common platform (the hosting server), and therefore have not been associated with the web page (they are temporarily linked, and rely on the pathways to 'recall' themselves to the page that exist on your computer alone --- the folders they are stored in).
      * This will continue to be the case whenever transferring a web page between computers or individuals, as resident paths must be completely identical to avoid confusion as Blue Voda "re-creates" your pages as originally designed. You can still Publish pages without images being visible, however, but only if the images have already been published prior (because the server already has a copy of them on it, and if the titles to each picture remains the same, will automatically populate your pages with the "properly titled" images). Otherwise, you will need to copy the exact same folders and other individual files to another computer precisely as on the first to see your pages properly.
      >> Try taking a screenshot of the page while in the Preview Browser, and then cropping it. You can then send this picture as a regular email attachment!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X