I-Frame Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-Frame Help

I am working with an i-frame now. How am I able to make the i-frame scroll so I can add more items, rather than make the overall length of my page longer?

Matthew

Re: I-Frame Help

If you double-click on the iFrame on your BV work page, one of the first obvious choices on the General Tab you will need to make is for the scrollbar: Always, Never, If Needed, etc.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

For detail information
      Check out this detailed Video tutorial.
      Hopefull u will figure it out.
      Regards
      Attraction Passes
      Adventure Travel
      Europe Train Pass
      www.mirabeltravel.ca

Comment

I know about that, but it doesn't scroll. I try to add a graphic past the point where I would need to scroll, and the graphic goes into my regular page instead of staying in the i-frame. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Are you trying to insert the image directly into the I-frame? You need to create a seperate page and link the I-frame to it.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

No, it doesn't to me....but it does sound like you are confusing a text/”edit” box with an iFrame.

An iFrame is used via hyperlinking to "present" another (separate) web page as if it was truly part of your page you have placed the iFrame itself: you need to enter the URL of the page that is supposed to display within the iFrame itself, and that is the whole idea in a nutshell.

Keep in mind that the web page that you enter the URL for will populate the iFrame from the very top of the original page, and from the furthest left orientation (typical "top-left lock position") ... which means if you 'size' your iFrame to be 700 wide and 600 tall, the 800 wide page linked to the iFrame will be cut off on the right hand side and at the bottom....unless you allow the scrollers "If Needed".
            Another thing: try to keep the proper page width in your iFrame formatting, adding a few pixels to the right of the page to account for the scrollbar which will "appear" whenever the original page length is greater than the bottom margin you have set for your iFrame.

Want to see an example of the same "underlying site" both with and without scrollers on the iFrame?
            >>>>
            I used an iFrame effectively to *******te the original look and feel of my client’s "home" websites, since I needed to present the "Travel Engine" completely even though it is hosted at a 3rd party server:
            Base Website

iFrame Without Scrolbars (Another) (Third) (Fourth) --- see how long the page is, just to accommodate the longest page of the engine? (and you have to figure that out before you set the page bottom of the iFrame!)

iFrame Site With Scrollbar (Another) (Third) (Fourth) (Sixth)

I think you get the idea now....

Comment

Yes, I get the idea now, thanks so much!

Comment

I-Frame Help Taken Well, I think! (examples help)

....and on we go!

Comment

Working...
                X