User authentication won't redirect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User authentication won't redirect

I'm using soho. My website is masteringtheaudition.com. I sell mp3's and ebooks. My ebook download is running smoothly. However, my mp3 'thank you' letter links to an authentication (username/password) form which should then redirect you to the download center. However when you type in the username and password it doesn't respond. It seems almost like it's redirecting you back to the same page. I've gone into the secure users section and checked the settings. Everything seems normal. That's problem number one.

The larger issue is that I'd like to create a unique auto generated password for each customer. Can that be done in soho?

Any ideas

Re: User authentication won't redirect

Ok.. this is rather complicated.. when you create the user and password you have to assign the user to a group. Then.. when you create the page or pages for the downloads.. you must also assign them to that SAME group. I bet you arent assigning the page to the group.

Yes.. you can create one for each customer, but it wont be done randomly if thats what you mean. Not without a script or customzation, not sure that they have an addon for that either but you can check. I think there is an add on for an auto join type thing.. but not sure this would work as they would still have to manually join.. etc etc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen,

Thanks but I just tried assigning the download page to the same group but it still wont redirect to the download page. It was working three weeks ago then suddenly went dead. It seems locked. I insert the username/password but it won't leave the page. It starts to engage but then it returns to the authentication page.
      Any other ideas?

Comment

You have to assign the page you want to open in the USER GROUP when you assign the name and password.. you tell it which page to go to.. after they sign in

If you have done this.. then id check to make sure youre running the latest update and check your permissions.. on the help section.. IT tab.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X