Centering on index page: Page speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centering on index page: Page speed

I have a vertical bar on the left on the index page. How ever I move the width markers it either disappears and makes the page left oriented or I have to live with it. Any suggestions?

www.printsofcornwall.com

I have been recommended to reduce the size of the images ( from say 350k to 100k) but it made them quite blurred. I have now restored most of them. Any hints on how to speed up the pages?

Re: Centering on index page: Page speed

That line is a shape that you have created and if you want to remove it you will have to click on it and delete it.

your site seemed to load fine for me.. what did you use to resize the pixels? try going a lil bit higher.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Page loads fine for me too! I'm confused about the size problem with your prints? When I view the properties of your displayed prints; they are only 43 bytes! What prints are you referring to that you feel are too large?

Also, I didn't see a "shape" in your page source code that fit the description of that vertical line you referred to? I see a line down the left side, but could that be the left edge of your background and that it just needs to be moved over a bit to the left?

Edit: Ah-Ha.....I do see an "image1" named, "background69.jpg". It's dimensions are 1px wide & 1100 px high. It is positioned at X=0; Y=0.
      That would be what is producing the line and may just be it needs to be pushed to the left. Although, it's position seems to be far left!?
      Last edited by judavvforum; 06-14-2008, 12:05 AM. Reason: Additional comment

Comment

I may be wrong but I believe there is a transparent shape placed over the image(s) in an attempt to keep the small images from being copied.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

That explains why I saw "trans.gif for each photo property!!! Duh!

Comment

Apparently trans.gif is something Blue Voda puts on png files so they display properly.

I like your way of reducing the file sizes of shapes Terry.
            I'mm trying to work out how to reduce the file size of a shape when you place an image in it (in the shape properties box)
            When they are published, they all say they are 43 bytes!

Comment

Working...
            X