This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question

I am designing my first content page using one of the templates, but when I add more than one page of text the template repeats itself. How do I stop it from doing that to make one long continuous page?

Re: Quick Question

1. Create a "shape" on top of/over your template image (probably a rectangle, if your template was added as an image and has a squared off bottom edge).
    2. Double click on your rectangle, and "fill" with the exact same color as the main page area of your template/image (use the eyedropper color sampler to add as Custom color).
    3. Position your rectangle overlapping the bottom edge of your page/template, sizing it properly width-wise to be a perfect "extension" and then 'pull' it down (making taller) to whatever length you need to act as a seamless page "filler".
    4. Add/lay over this "filler"/page extender any additional text boxes, elements, images, etc. as needed to populate your longer page.

Repeat this practice for individual pages as needed.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I Dont know how to use my site, I havent got my info to start, how long does it take?

Comment

Originally posted by Iwonder View Post
        I Dont know how to use my site, I havent got my info to start, how long does it take?
        Depends on a few things, all of which are normal in today's world:
        1. Over weekends, things take longer than they would if you set up your account on a regular business weekday: accounts are usually set up within 24-72 regular hours after payment has posted to VodaHost's Accounts Receivables (not simply after payment has been processed by the payment processor), and typically, banks post activity on weekdays only (so if you purchased a hosting account Friday after 4 PM EST, it will not be posted, or "paid" to VodaHost until Monday following);

2. If you purchased a domain name together with your hosting account, this also takes time for ICANN to properly register and release to VodaHost for them to associate with your account (as every account needs to have a Primary Domain specified), and like payments, if this is done over a weekend you can expect a typical additional delay of approximately 48 hours: if your domain is other than .com, .net, .org, .info, or .biz, ICANN stipulates allowances to secure domain names anywhere from 24-96 hours after verified submission;

3. Account Confirmations are emailed, and your ISP may filter incoming email that is new or from an previously unidentified sender; be sure you check your Spam and Junk mail folders (also, Comfirmations are sent to email addresses listed in the original account transaction, so it is imperative you submitted the proper address, spelled correctly);

4. You should have printed out each page during Account Purchase, to have documentation of the process as well as information and instructions regarding your account to use and review during the time you await receipt of your Account Confirmation. It is a prudent practice to implement for anything important you do on the web anyway, and even moreso when it comes to the technicalities of managing an internet formality.

5. The short answer is "Accounts are usually set up and Confirmations sent usually within 24-72 hours, providing you did so on a weekday and any domain you purchased was a common extension. Some domain purchases may take up to 5-7 week days to complete, but that is out of VodaHost's hands, so be patient in the meantime. VodaHost has an irreproachable reputation, so there is nothing to worry about: spend the time using Blue Voda to create your awesome web in the meantime!"

PS: Please review Forum FAQ and each sub-forum Rules to become familiar how our Community is governed, as by posting above "off-topic" in someone else's thread, you are actually "interrupting", which is considered bad form. Also try to take advantage of the Search function in the forums (located at top of every page) to find answers to question that have been answered many times before (saves time and prevents repetitious posting).
        And, by the way, Welcome to VodaLand!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Need someone to do a logo for me

I need someone to make a logo for my company which I just formed. Would appreciate hearing from someone out there.

Comment

Re: Need someone to do a logo for me

Originally posted by usha08 View Post
            I need someone to make a logo for my company which I just formed. Would appreciate hearing from someone out there.
            You need to start your own post, it is not polite to "jump" someone elses thread.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Working...
            X