X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• link problem

Hi! Question...
    My home/index page is also my 1st page of my in my cartoon category.
    How do I name this first page under the cartoon menu? Can I name it index also?
    Or would that mess things up. When I published, previewed and clicked on that cartoon link I got ....Web Page can not be found.

Name- cartoon

Alernate Text- Cartoon

Ulr- http://www.whitemice.net/index.html

Thanks
    whitemice.net

Re: link problem

So your home page (which is always named index) is page 1 of your cartoons?
    I'm sure there are better ways, but I would simply change the text at the bottom of the page to read: More Cartoons... and any links to page 1 Cartoons would be to your home page. Then add Page 1 to the text links on your cartoon pages.
    Your links to your Home page throughout the site should read:

You do not have to include the "/index.html" for the home page - all other links to other pages do need the full URL.

There is something about your home page that is not right but I'm not sure what. I cannot get to your site if I add index.html to the URL and I should be able to do so. I checked for Index.html but didn't find it either. Someone will respond with the answer to this I bet.
    Have you published all of these pages? I am also unable to go to any of the pages from your links
    And the mouse by the mouse in your banner shows this link:
    h t t p://w w w.whitemice.net/w w w.whitemice.net/index.html
    (I added the spaces to prevent linking)
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
    Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
    Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

The only thing I'm concerned about is the cartoon category. Because cartoon page 1 is on the Home/index page.On both the side menu and the one at the bottom. Can I put the URL (cartoon page 1) in as "Index" since page one is index? I have a feeling that it's going to mess something up.

whitemice.net

Comment

I'm confused as to what you are wanting to do.
        "Can I put the URL (cartoon page 1) in as "Index" since page one is index"
        Isn't your Cartoon Page 1 already named "index"? It should be since it's your Home page. Where do you want to put the URL for Cartoon page 1? Your link to Cartoon Page 1- since it is your Home page also - would be simply http://www.whitemice.net/
        because that is the page that takes you to your Cartoon Page 1 page which is also your Home page.
        Your Home buttons and your Cartoons buttons everywhere should be linked to http://www.whitemice.net/
        Unless I'm missing something...
        Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
        Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
        Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Working...
        X