Formatting the email response?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formatting the email response?

(All of this question relates to using BV9 & ABVFP.)

The first form I built, sends the field data to me in an email and is formatted like this: field1 = data field2 = data field3 = data ; and so on to the last data.

The final 3 forms I built, (Which I believe I built exactly like the first one); formats the email response like this:
    field1 = data
    field2 = data
    field3 = data
    ETC, thru the final fields.

Did I build them differently or was there a change made to ABVFP that caused the change in formatting style?

Is there anyway for me to build the form and define the response format, as the ABVFP is designed, presently?

Re: Formatting the email response?

If you are using ABVFP your form info will be sent in the second format, that is one line per field.
    It makes no sense to me that some forms send the info all in one line and some others in one line per field, IF they are all processed by ABVFP. It could be (though it is strange) if you were using different processors (scripts).
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the response, Naval, but I built all forms using BV & ABVFP.
      The first form has always responded in the format where all fields are presented in a single line. Here's the contact form page:

However, if ABVFP is set up to return the response in the second format of my post; then that's just fine with me! I just thought that maybe there was something I could do to insure that the format stayed like the second one I showed above.

Comment

It is quite strange how the same script (ABVFP) sends one form info in a format, and the other forms in another format. Are the other forms in the same site ?

When i coded ABVFP i specifically created it so that it places info in separate lines! That's why i don't understand!
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yeah....that is strange. I don't know what I could have done differently on the first form, but the other 3 forms send the data in separate lines.
          Two other forms are on the birdhouses2luv.com website and one other form is on a new site that is not quite finished, bathsetsplus.com.

I always referred back to the settings on the first form to build the other three! So, it is definitely strange that the first one operates differently.

I have no problem with the format of the first one; I just wondered if I had any control over the format when I build forms.

Comment

You have no control over the format of the mail that reaches you, exept for the fields order and the text that appears at the start of the mailbody.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Naval,
              I just thought of this! I do have two differences between the first form and the other three. On the first one, I send the submission to the email address I set up in Cpanel and then it is directed to my desktop email,(Outlook) and I used an autoresponder.

On the other three forms I sent the submission directly to Outlook and did not use an autoresponder.

Could that be why the format of the first form is different?

Comment

Hm... Theoretically, forwarding an email, should not affect the formatting. However, it is possible.

Why did you set an autoresponder ?

I mean, ABVFP's embedded autoresponder isn't enough ?
                Navaldesign

Comment

I did use the ABVFP autoresponder to acknowledge receiving the submission. I know I did things a little off track because it was my first form and I wasn't too sure what I was doing!

Anyway, thanks for the help, Naval. You've answered my question thoroughly and I appreciate the time you take to solve a our problems.

In the future, as I become more darring (lol!); I will certainly know where to get quality scripts that I may need!

Comment

Working...
                  X