new website for holistic therapies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new website for holistic therapies

please take a look at my site and let me know any ideas or problems thanks alot llew.

Re: new website for holistic therapies

First off you got your work cut out for you. Your pages are way way to wide, your background in not appealling, your pages have only one link thats the homepage, you have a link on your homepage to the left of thats says for all your therapy and relaxation needs it takes you right back to the home page its hidden not good presentation in my opinion.
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Some agreement with the above. The purpose is to keep people on your site but when I view the wide display on my standand monitor I would automatically click on the links below not the ones on the side. These take me to other sites. I think the way the information is presented needs to be restructured so the eye goes where you want it to!
      Cheers,
      Muzz

Comment

Two good things...colors/images/etc are nice and your pages load fairly quickly!

I have to agree with the need to fix page widths and fix navigation. :)
        Karen Williams
        Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Hi, ditto with above, you need to get some sort of common theme through out the site to make navigation easy. Your images need to be reduced to the correct phisical size to avoid the distortion & reduce the kbs. The gallery page is at 1.5 meg
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I have a very large screen and I do have to sideways scroll, Love the colors.
            Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hi I have just finished a holistics site for a friend, I am not saying it is perfect or anything but it may give you some ideas on improving your site as I have to agree with what has been said so far.

The site is www.handsonholistics.net
              www.anxietynomore.co.uk
              The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
              Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
              Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Ditto what has been said. On your home page the pic above your nav buttons, it looks out of place, because it sits black over black on another pic. You might try a border or something to set it off if you want to keep it there. You are using the same back ground on all your pages, right? Why not make a template of the back ground with your nav buttons, and save it then use it to start every page, you have your nav buttons on each page and make it easier to get around inside the site, instead of haveing to go back to the home page each time.
                that's just my oppinion.
                Good Luck!!
                Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

thanks all the problem i have is on my lap top the site fits great so i dont know if its right siz eor not does anyone know what i should fix it at for correct position? i will make you changes soon an i appreciate ur advice thansk all.

Comment

You first posted this site on june 15 its now aug 5th Your pages are still to wide at 1302 just the home menu bars on pages except your home page as it looks there has not been any forward action on your part.
                    sigpicJoe

Comment

Hi High Spirits,

It seems to me, at least from what I see (I'm using a 17' laptop on FF), you are off to a great start or have made some great changes. Couple of pointers?

- Try to use 1 consistent background because that makes a site seem more professional.

- I think someone pointed this out above...you want to have all of your nav bars on every page of your site so they can do what they are suppose to - make navigating easy for your viewers. To help with this, try to tweak your current design to include all of your nav bar. Once you are satisfied with it, use it as a template and copy/paste the contents into it.

- Center your page in the browser so that your viewers do not have to scroll to see your contents. To do this, go to View, Page Properties (right click, Page Properties) and tick the check box that says "Center in Browser". For the most part, I like to keep my page widths, 800 or lower.

- I believe you want to have euejdjh576y.gif as your background? To have it cover your entire page without having to cause scrolling, go to your page properties, click on the Background tab, and where it says image, browse to your image to set it as the background. To make it static (when you scroll, your text move, but not the background image), put this code in the "Inside Body Tag" (view, Page HTML) of your page

<body style="background-attachment: fixed; background-repeat: ;" background="euejdjh576y.gif"

Well, that should do for now. Hope this helps.
                      HalaalPages.com
                      FREE Georgia Muslim Directory

Comment

I agree that the pages are too wide - they could easily be narrowed and still keep most of the background, which incidentally, I like.
                        Some pages are also too long.
                        Try setting your background at 800 wide. The text should sit nicely on top, although you may need to do a little work on a couple of pages to get the pictures to fit on the page as well.
                        I also agree that you should be able to navigate from page to page, rather than just back to the home page every time. That's a pain and would put me off exploring the rest of the site.
                        Use PIXresizer to resize the lady's photo on 'Contact Us' - poor thing looks squashed!
                        You have done a lot of good work already so keep at it.
                        Patsy
                        www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by high spirits View Post
                          thanks all the problem i have is on my lap top the site fits great so i dont know if its right siz eor not does anyone know what i should fix it at for correct position? i will make you changes soon an i appreciate ur advice thansk all.
                          Hi, you are building your site in the center of your screen & not from the far left of your BV screen. You need to start from the far left & then via page property's check the center in browser & choose a page width to the widest point on your page (Assuming you have kept it within 800-1000 wide).
                          You also need to reduce most of your images. The gallery is at 7000 kb+ & should be around 400 max.
                          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

hi all thanks for your comments major changes hope you like. some problems still. page size keep changing it but its not gettin smaller. also is there any way i can add a counter so i can see how many people have been on with out other knowing. another thing tried using (forgot the names now) its in the tool bar for adding names about ur site to google etc my tools bar aint got all the icons like spell checker etc ive only got 3 items n an options button is this normal. well get back to me people thanks you those who have added advice on how to do things not just said do them cheers

Comment

Site is coming around still to wide, the picture of Marie is at 1.29 mb thats not good at all for people with dial up it will take at least 5 minutes thats something you do not want you need to use a pix resizer on it, on your consulation page theres overlapping with the tex, the other picture on the contact page is at 305kbs and thats to big, and instead of using a contact form you are posting a email address a gateway for spammers, also your gallery page the pictures are way to big in kbs was taking a while to load so I moved on to the next page. The site is much better than before but you got a long way still especialy for seo like keyword phases in your titles. and if you want to add a counter just google stat counters.
                              sigpicJoe

Comment

Working...
                              X