Does not publish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does not publish

This is re. my website www.indeseng.com.

Voda recently changed my website i.p. address and I couldn't sign on to CP. There was no interruption in site access from the web, but I couldn't sign on to the CP or publish via the webbuilder. After about 14 hours, they fixed it via a support ticket.

When I sign on to my website:

www.indeseng.com, all my previously linked pages worked fine, so there had been no problem with that.

When I just tried to publish (add) a new page (named accounting) the web builder says "published successfully."

I cannot access the new page, however. Accordingly, although I am ready to link my existing site navigation page to the newly published page, I cannot do it, as its theoretical address, http://www.indeseng.com/accounting doesn't respond.

Normally, after a home page is addressed, the sub pages will have the same address + a /subpage name. When I try all the other pages via this method, it works. The new page, does not.

I only update my site about once a year, so it seems that either I need to be re-trained, or something is wrong. I am simply naming the page accounting when I publish it, no other addressing included, as I assume that the web builder takes care of all that within.

I wonder, however, if the change in the IP address that Voda assigned (without my knowledge) is causing the problem.

Who knows the answer to this and can help??? I can't wait another 14 hours. It is already 2:30 A.M. here in the Philippines and I want this up and running in the morning! I gotta go back to the U.S. late today.

Thanks in advance........

Doug

Re: Does not publish

The link will be http://www.indeseng.com/accounting.html.

D'ont froget the .html after each /

Comment

I solved the link issue. I cannot, however, get my old index page deleted and my new index page to publish. Any secrets?

I a pretty sure that the change in the IP address that Voda assigned (without my knowledge) is causing the problem. They probably have it linked over from the previous server and that is hanging it up.

Comment

Your accounting page has no navigation (that i could determine) to any other page. If a viewer visited your site through an outside link to the accounting page......well...you see what I mean. The "back/previous page" button would be useless.
        Your link for your email is not valid.
        Do you really want the page title to be Index.htm? Wouldn't you rather use this very important SEO technique to describe your company?
        Very nice graphics on your home page.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Working...
        X