error on page due to form??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error on page due to form??

I have recently discovered there is an error on all of my pages. using firefox here is what it told me my error was. Does anyone know what this is and how to correct the issue. my forms are working fine, i just don't like having errors on my pages.

Error: missing ( before formal parameters
    Source File: http://www.kansascityconcrete.net/
    Line: 27, Column: 25
    Source Code:
    function ValidateContact Form(theForm)

my website is http://www.kansascityconcrete.net

thanks

chad

Re: error on page due to form??

actually, I may have more problems than I thought. This site (kansascityconcrete.net) was built with the older version of bluevoda website builder. i recently made some small changes and republished every page with the new version of bv website builder. my site works fine in firefox but not in internet explorer. I have no idea what to do to correct this

Comment

I'm kind of talking out loud here but i think part of this newer issue is with the forms. I use to have forms on every page (w/ the older bv publisher version) , but now if you have a form on a page you have to link it as .php and not html. This is going to be a bear if you have pages that get organic traffic, or even ppc traffic .Will you have to go back and redirect your html pages to you php pages. just seems like a disaster to change all of your links because you want to host forms. is there a way to do the old way of forms and not have the php pages. we get so many more leads when we have forms accessible on all of our pages.

Comment

No, you DON't need to have the form pages as php. This IS necessary only if you use the new built in Form processor, if you continue processing your forms the way you were doing until today (through a script embedded in the "action" or "thankyou" page) your pages can still be html.

Regarding your first post: the issue probably arises because the NAME of your form "Contact Form" contains a space, which breaks the Javascript validation function, turn it to "Contact_form" and see if the issues is solved.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thanks, that did resolve the issue as far as the forms go. it is good to know I can keep my pages as html, because I like having areas to capture new clients on all of my pages

My question now is why would i be getting so many "forbidden" issues on my pages with internet explorer. my site was built with the old version of bv and I recently made changes all of the pages and republished with the new version. Do I have to completely rebuild my site with the new version?

Comment

Can you please provide the URL of such a page with the error ^
            BV, new or old, VERY RARELY has such problems, in most cases this is caused by an external script (counter, date script, tracker script etc) embedded in the page .
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

it is really weird. try this go to my home page http://www.kansascityconcrete.net and try to click on the "stamped concrete" button which is http://www.kansascityconcrete.net/stamped-concrete.html

this is in internet explorer

it comes up as "forbidden" even after f5 , but then if you can navigate to other pages you would be able to get to "stamped concrete"

on some of the pages the links work on others they don't and come up as "forbidden" , also some of the images and shapes(the yellow) i have used won't load

I built this w/ the older version of bv and recently republished all of the pages with the new version. i don't know if that would make a diff. or not

thanks in advance for your help. this has been driving me nuts since it is the busy season for us with this site

Comment

I have absolsutely no problem navigating from your homepage directly to the "stamped concrete" page through your menu- If you wish, take a screenshot of what you see and post it here.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /stamped-concrete.html on this server.
                  Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
                  Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.kansascityconcrete.net Port 80

This is what i'm getting when you start at my home page and click on "stamped concrete" on the left this is only one example. sometimes you can open my pages from other pages and sometimes you get the "forbidden" page. This is only in internet explorer. My site works great in firefox

Comment

As i said, i tried the page you suggested both from your homepage, as well as from other pages, i have no problem at all. I suggest that you ask some more members to test it, but i believe that most will tell you the same thing that i told you.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

thanks for your help. i have had a couple of others look at my site and they say it is working just fine.

again. i appreciate your help

Comment

We have determined that my pages are working fine in both ie and firefox, but i am still getting an "error on page" in both browsers on this page

i've eliminated my form on all other pages and it solved the "error on page" problem, I really would like to have my form on all pages, but don't want errors. by the way if you f5 on the "contact us" page the error goes away on my computer and on the other peoples computers i've had go to my site.

any thoughts?

Comment

I can see your page. WITH the form, and no errors at all.
                          So i can't really understand what is the problem
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Naval i believe their on about the yellow warning triangle that appears bottom left off your ie browser when loading that page that shows error on page. the error has something to do with the validation script.
                            Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

OK found the problem. open your page in bv, double click the form properties. in the form name you have Contact_ Form make this Contact_Form no gaps then save and republish. this one gap was messing up the form and the validation thats why you could just submit without the warnings for unfilled fields.
                              Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Working...
                              X