Updating website on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating website on the road

Is it possible to update my website with my laptop? I downloaded the BV 10 on my laptop. Thanks :)
    Cheeseeeist!
    Cyber

Re: Updating website on the road

Sure,
    Copy your BlueVoda folder from your "home" based computer and place it exactly in the same "place" (C/MyDocuments/BlueVoda or wherever it is) on your laptop. All files graphics, photos used to build the website should be inside your BlueVoda folder (on home based computer also).
    Make your changes and then publish.
    You will have to update the files on the home based computer when you return.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Ditto on what Terry said, BUT you will have the following problems on your laptop. When you preview the page, the images might not show - crosses X instead. That is because the My Documents folder on the two PCs are not exactly the same; computer name, etc, after the root folder.

The following works for me (everytime): When I plan to work on the road, I design the pages on the main PC in a folder c:/BlueVoda/sitename or whatever.

Now copy this folder to the root folder on the laptop (c:/BlueVoda) (for example...). It must also show c:/BlueVoda/sitename.

When you return, rename the old folder on the main PC for just in case backup. Then just copy your "sitename" subfolder to the main PC.
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

But I am on the road now......I shoulda done that before I left...Anyhoo, thanks Terry :) ......Next time, I will do what you said :)

Surf's UP!!
        Cyber
        Cheeseeeist!
        Cyber

Comment

OH alrightey! Thanks Tom.......too bad I didn't do that before I left....rrrrr Lesson learned...

Surf's UP!
          Cyber
          Cheeseeeist!
          Cyber

Comment

No problem though. You can still do what Terry has explained, but when you get back and copy back to your main pc, you will have to re-populate the pages with images, if you want them displayed in BV.

Else you can move the folders now and when you get back, just copy them to the root on your main pc as well.

Vasili has a bit more detail on the technical side. If I find it, I will post it for you.
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

Vasili has a bit more detail on the technical side. If I find it, I will post it for you.
              Sorry Cyber, I could not find it. But the above explanation will work.
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom ......I will try what Terry said......mk
                Cheeseeeist!
                Cyber

Comment

Working...
                X