Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay Pal buttons problem

Hi! Trying to add pay pal buttons.
    The add to cart button works. The view cart button works. It's the shipping price that has a problem. I did set up my shipping calculations on pay pal. For the US, Canada and international. I tested my site via preview. Everything works except shipping. It shows "0" dollars for shipping cost. Any ideas why?

The two buttons are in yellow at the bottom of the index page.

whitemice.net

Re: Pay Pal buttons problem

Shipping prices will not show if calulated at pay pal it will be added when the product is purchased.
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

How would I know that for sure? Would hate to have someone purchase 3-4 pads and get free shipping!
      whitemice.net

Comment

My shipping is calculated at pay pal an every purchase that I had it was added in and that has been a couple dozen purchases. So if you set it up there your fine. If you are not sure then use the shipping on the pay pal button itself.
        sigpicJoe
        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

WOW!!......Did I get a surprise! I went to your site to check out your PayPal button problem and when I clicked on one of the product "add to cart" buttons; it went to my cart??

So I went in to look at your page html code and all your PayPal buttons have no data in the "hidden name" code lines! (I'm not sure why that defaults to my account, but there must be a "cookie" on my computer that it defaulted to!?

Anyway...first, you don't need the "add to cart" button at the bottom of the page. The "add to cart" function is supposed to happen on the buttons at each product location,(where you have the button).

However, the button at the bottom of the page seems to have the correct data installed, so you can copy it and place a copy at each product location. THEN, you have to go into the button properties, at each product location, and change the "hidden name value" to match that products info,(ie., item code and price).

Now, if you don't like the style of the button at the bottom of the page, for each product; then you will have to go back to PayPal and create a new button with the correct style.

Hope this helps!

Comment

I know the other buttons have no data. The two yellow ones at the bottom are just test buttons. I'm hoping they add the shipping properly. Many of my customers don't buy just one pad. I give a shipping discount on more than a one pad purchased. Guess there is no certain way to find out.
            Thanks
            whitemice.net

Comment

Hi .. after you choose to checkout, the next page that paypal takes you to is a log in page. However, on this page, at the top right you can calculate shipping, by your postal code, as well as your country, outside US, etc., I am not sure what your shipping discounts might be, or I would try it for you, but you are able to check this way .. all done before the buyer actually logs into their paypal account. So yes, you can check this out ..

OR you could sign up for paypal sandbox
              https://developer.paypal.com/

Use the Sandbox Test Environment to create and manage test accounts and their associated email and API credentials.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

My site is up and running, everything works but when I hit the check out button it goes to cannot display this web page. How come it is not going to paypal when I click the check out button? Am I missing a step because sololaunch does not explain that part.

Comment

Working...
                X