Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any particular tool to use and how

Hi,
    On my site i got a list of hotels name and address,they take most of the space on the page,what tool i can use to have a sort of scroll for the hotel's it'is the inline frame i tried but i was'nt able to set it up any quick and easy explanation or suggestion to use a different and more interesting look than inline frame to this tipe of job.
    www.visitubon.com
    Thank you for suggestion and advice
    gattopardo

Re: any particular tool to use and how

You need to have written permission to "present" another's website as part of yours, for if not, you can be violating Copyright and Fraudulent Use laws: it does not matter if you are in Thailand, for your hosting servers are in the US and must abide by US laws. Further, ICANN clearly stipulates such mis-representation or unauthorized use of another website exposes the host to a degree of liability as well (since it is written into online Copyright Laws). If one substantiated complaint is sent in, the host would be required to shut down your account (and your website) without notice or refund.

Using an iFrame is not the "cure-all" nor was it intended to be used for these types of functions: the primary purpose is to provide websites with a universally positioned element or embedded function (like a navigational Menu, or a slideshow page to page, etc.).

I would think the best way to "present" these hotels and such is to simply take advantage of any affiliate programs they might have in place. If they do not have one yet, maybe your requests might just be enough motivaton for them to begin one, maybe by first providing you with a banner that you can manually link to their website?

You read some threads in here and picked up some ideas (we know which ones, and from who), but the manner in which you are attempting to use them is improper and fraught with danger, in my opinion!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi vasili,
      thats is true and thank you for remainding me,but if you look at the page most hotels don't have a website and i don't think giving them a listing for free to benefit the few tourist in this part of Thailand will make them issue a complaint. My next step is to go round and start an affiliate program with this hotel but i believe i need to prare same sort of work to show them.
      Still my original question is how you make a scroll list to avoid using a lot of space.
      But Thank you anyway.

Comment

Hi .. how about using the drop down menu for your hotel choices ..

You can view the tutorial here ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you ladyeye
          I just did that and I placed on the index page for now i din't like the idea of using that becouse many hotels they don't have a web site and when people click on it will look bad but at list the got the address.

Gattopardo

Comment

yw, I see .. well if you felt like making a few more pages, maybe one for each hotel that didn't have a website, you could do your own page on the hotel, link that to your page, you could say they do not have a website but list the things you do know about the hotel .. more work for you though .. but we like work, right .. it might work well for your later idea with the hotels too .. I know as a visitor, if I found your website listing a hotel that didn't have a website, I would be grateful for any information you could send my way .. perhaps on your visit to the hotels you could even take a few pictures .. of course, explain that this is your opinion, etc.,

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes ladyeye
              That is my next step when i start visiting the hotels I will make a freepage for them as but they have to enrol in the affiliate program I'm preparing.
              At moment I'm waiting for the tour operate licence from the thai office,whithout that i can't take the booking on line for the hotels.
              Thank you
              Gottopardo

Comment

Working...
              X