PHP Pro Bid Auction web template??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP Pro Bid Auction web template??

I am looking at purchasing the above auction template to use for my website. I am very new to this, can Vodahost host this type of website (I am already registered with Vodahost).
    Thanks
    Tracy

Re: PHP Pro Bid Auction web template??

Tracy, If the software is compatable with LINUX or UNIX systems then YES. If its an ASP or ASPX application.. then NO. Make sure its cgi or php scripted. Theres some BULKY ones in other formats but this should cover the basics of any updated application you want to install. From appearances of the title.. you should be fine

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

The answer is definitively "Yes, VodaHost would be a perfect host for phpPro Bid" based on the following pasted directly from phpProBid Website:

PHP Pro Bid is ideally suited to linux/unix web servers (as found at VodaHost). PHP Pro Bid can be installed on the majority of Windows/IIS server but we cannot offer any assurances. Please ensure the server on which you will be installing PHP Pro Bid meets all the requirements below. If your unsure please contact the hosting company who provide your hosting. Alternatively E-Mail us the web address of your hosting company and we will check on your behalf.
      Server Requirements

• 10MB Web-Space
      • Apache Web Server
      • PHP 4.x +
      • 1 MySQL Database - MySQL 4.1 +
      PHP Pro Bid also requires the creation of a Cron Job. The cron job keeps your site up to date and refreshed. It controls the time on the auctions and closes them when an auction has ended. It also automatically sends out E-Mails to users. We recommend setting this up via your hosting control panel such as Cpanel (also as found within your VodaHost Account).
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi !

I posted as you said on the wrong thread. Well if i may speak: I cant currently open my website . www.buildnat.com - it gives me file to open or to download - some MIME type : application/x-php5 that it asked me .

Could you assisst me with this problem!

Ambrose

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus74 View Post
          I am looking at purchasing the above auction template to use for my website. I am very new to this, can Vodahost host this type of website (I am already registered with Vodahost).
          Thanks
          Tracy
          i could help you. you should check out http://www.probidthemes.com/ if you are looking for a probid theme or template.

with Best Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
            The answer is definitively "Yes, VodaHost would be a perfect host for phpPro Bid" based on the following pasted directly from phpProBid Website:

PHP Pro Bid is ideally suited to linux/unix web servers (as found at VodaHost). PHP Pro Bid can be installed on the majority of Windows/IIS server but we cannot offer any assurances. Please ensure the server on which you will be installing PHP Pro Bid meets all the requirements below. If your unsure please contact the hosting company who provide your hosting. Alternatively E-Mail us the web address of your hosting company and we will check on your behalf.
            Server Requirements

• 10MB Web-Space
            • Apache Web Server
            • PHP 4.x +
            • 1 MySQL Database - MySQL 4.1 +
            PHP Pro Bid also requires the creation of a Cron Job. The cron job keeps your site up to date and refreshed. It controls the time on the auctions and closes them when an auction has ended. It also automatically sends out E-Mails to users. We recommend setting this up via your hosting control panel such as Cpanel (also as found within your VodaHost Account).

Hi All
            I have PHPPROBID 6.3
            can anyone tell me how to setup cron jobs?

Regards
            Leng

Comment

Originally posted by leng View Post
              Hi All
              I have PHPPROBID 6.3
              can anyone tell me how to setup cron jobs?Regards Leng
              You can review detailed instructions via the HELP button located top-right on the Cron Job page in your cPanel (requires you to first click on the icon to enter that page area).

You can also learn more by following the cPanel Tutorials.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
              X