No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to know:-
    1), what do I type in on page properties 'title' when I am building pages. Also is this the same 'title' that is asked for when applying for statcounter services.
    2), do the saved pages names matter, I've read 'index' is quite important, why?, and

3), how do I make changes to my website after publishing but before it becomes active. I've definitely put up one page with the wrong??? title, schmitle, I don't know.... I'm confused and fed up with feeling really quite disabled... at least I'm very happy with the overall impression of my construction, but the wiring is dangerous, someone could get electrocuted!! ... the chances of someone actually being able to turn the lights ON anyway, has to be nil really, and that's depressing too, I'm just causing people and computers really annoying work with my un-educated actions.

Anyone?

Re: 25842

Message waiting for you here....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

It's all pretty foolproof, you really won't blow up .. anything you do can be deleted, redone .. if there is a page that you have published and you want to take down, log into your control panel, go to file manager, find the .html by the name you published it and delete it .. be sure to only delete that .. there are precious operating files in your account as well .. they won't be the ones you created ..

Originally posted by keithjenkins View Post
      I would like to know:-
      1), what do I type in on page properties 'title' when I am building pages.
      - Hi, pretty much just how you might write a book, title the page in relation to what the page is about .. it can be a full sentence if you like and should be, as said, related to the page information.

Also is this the same 'title' that is asked for when applying for statcounter services.

No .. it is not .. this would be the page name that is asked for by the statscounter - this is the name that you apply to your blue voda page when you go to save as and publish .. this is a page name ..or in other words, the url, the website page address, the addy,

2), do the saved pages names matter, I've read 'index' is quite important, why?, and

Yes, as explained above, the page names are their address, so they are very important and it is how your page is found on this world wide web.

3), how do I make changes to my website after publishing but before it becomes active.
      Make changes on the page and save again, it will overwrite what you previously had, if you want to save both, change the name and save, you will have both in case you later wanted to revert. I don't really recommend this though because you can get confused and if you have alot of pages, overwhelmed, lol .. but just save over what you have done, same for when you do publish.

I've definitely put up one page with the wrong??? title, schmitle, I don't know.... I'm confused and fed up with feeling really quite disabled... at least I'm very happy with the overall impression of my construction, but the wiring is dangerous, someone could get electrocuted!! ... the chances of someone actually being able to turn the lights ON anyway, has to be nil really, and that's depressing too, I'm just causing people and computers really annoying work with my un-educated actions.

Anyone?
      Name, save and publish your pages by the given name .. all small letters .. every other page other than the index page can be named as you like .. all small letters, no spaces ..

To apply the address, url, link to that page .. use

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Dear LadyEye,

How very kind you are, thank you very much for replying.

Well that seems pretty clear. I'll be able to tie it down to real-time actions soon, I'm slowly halting the tendency to do things needed later, too early!!! ouch! That's costing you time for which I apologize :)

thanks again, Keith

Comment

yw Keith .. We all have the time to give to you to help you get your masterpiece on line .. we have the time and we love to help .. glad you are going to be able to sort some things, and post back at anytime you need help, EVERYONE here is happy to assist!!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

How very kind you are, I hope some of it rubs off on me. Now the website is up, www.calmsolutions.ch all I need to do now is link the pages together. This I am tackling this through the forum I hope, I'll be back with questions if this is not successful. Thank you :)

Comment

Keith,
              This will explain the linking.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Working...