Form not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form not Working

I have built a few web sites with forms and have never had a problem with the forms. For the last 3 day's i've spent hours reading and watching the tuturiols and trying every thing that I could think of, but nothing works. When I had BV 9, I never had a problem, now that I upgraded to BV 10. I an hopelesy stuck. First I created the form with the form wizard, that did not work. Then I created a form manually and that did not work. I'm at wits end. On my order form, the page html, the form is action.php, post, mutliform. On the action page, the page is php and the html for the page has the email address that I want the form to be sent to. This does not work. Please any suggestions, I could use all the help that I can get.

PeteT

www.PhotoToCanvasCreations.com

Re: Form not Working

In the Order page you have a two field form: Name - Email.You have not used the new form wizard, nor the embedded form processor.
    Now, two mistake i can see is that the encoding type is set to text / plain instead of multipart / form data. So you will not get any values from the form, anyway. The second is that both fields are unnamed: one should have been named "name" and the other "email"
    If you don't recieve any email (not even blank ones) it may mean that:

1. Your script has some mistake (the script embedded in the action.php page)

OR
    2. Your email address is wrong, so no email is sent to you

OR
    the mail gets blocked by your ISP for some reason (probably becaus ethere is no sender email address

Please read (again) the new form wizard tutorial, it is really simple and almost guaranteed to work.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I changed the order form to form wizard and mutlipart/form data,the feilds have been named. The script on the action.php page is,
      <?PHP
      $mailto = "support@phototocanvascreations.com";
      $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'];
      if ($email == "") {
      $email = $mailto;
      }
      $mailsubj = "A New Canvas Order";
      $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
      reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
      $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form :\n";
      while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
      {
      if ($key!="submit")
      {
      $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
      }
      }

Now I get a 404 error

Yet it still does not send me a email, I have also set up a email forwarder that works when i send a email from my yahoo acct to support@phototocanvascreations.com

Any other ideas????

Thanks

PeteT

Comment

There is NO need for a script in the "action" page anymore. If you have used the form wizard, and you have checked the "use Built in form processor" checkbox, the necessary script is embedded in your form page. The action page can be simply a "success" or "thank you" page.
        make sure you have creted and published the "success" and "error" pages, and that you have correctly typed the respective URLs in the form wizard.

The 404 message seems regarding the success page, that can't be found.
        I tested your form, see if you get a mail.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I made the changes, and the form is being sent to my webmail account, but the forwarder is not forwarding the mail to the account I have listed for it to be forwarded to. When I sent a email to support@PhotoToCanvasCreations.com say from yahoo, it does forward it to the email address I have listed to be forwarded to. I have another site that forwards the email to this account with no problem. What am i doing wrong or missing?

PeteT

Comment

If the mail gets to your webmail, the form works perfectly.
            the forwarding issue has nothing to do with the form.
            Can be an issue with yourISP blocking the mail (happens especially with Yahoo, AOL and comcast email addresses).

If the forwarder works but no mails arrive, have a look at your webmail within some hr, you should be receiving a Mail Deliver Failure message, that probably has also indications on why the messages were not delivered.

And, check your junk or spam folders also to see if they have finished in there
            Navaldesign

Comment

This is the message I get. I have another site that forwards email from it to xxxx@tambay.rr.com with no problems. Any ideas?

PeteT

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: xxxx@tampabay.rr.com (ultimately generated from support@phototocanvascreations.com) SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<ldkikvq@voda27.voda27.com> SIZE=1847: host hrndva-smtpin01.mail.rr.com [71.74.56.243]: 553 #5.1.8 Domain of sender address <ldkikvq@voda27.voda27.com> does not exist ------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Comment

Please submit a support ticket including the above error message. Seems like the mail server adds a voda27 more than required (twice..). This is something that can only be fixed by the help desk staff.
                Navaldesign

Comment

But why don't you simply send the mail directly also the the email address xxxxx@tampabay.rr.com ??? Instead of forwarding.... Just add this second email address in your form wizard, separated from the first one by a comma " , "
                  Navaldesign

Comment

I tried that and it did not work, when you say seprated by a comma, do you mean like this, support@phototocanvascreations,xxxx@tampabay.rr.co m I did that and it did not work in the form wizard. should there be space between the comma and the other email address?. Also on the thank you page in the html begining of body, it has the same email address with the xxxx.tampabay.rr.com, should that be there?

The main thing I want is to have the forms sent to the xxxx@tampabay.rr.com address.

PeteT

Comment

The comma separated two email addresses should work. If you don't reccieve the second email, it means that there is some proble somewhere along the way, either with your ISP blocking the mails or with rejection of the mails (as indicated by the above error message). As i said, submit a support ticket.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

I will submit a ticket. Thank you very much for all your help. I hope thet I can get this resolved.

PeteT

Comment

Working...
                        X