• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video clip does not work.

Hello,
    Help!
    I have used a small video clip in a site

The uploaded clip had been saved to my videos and has a .wmv file ext.
    The page is a little slow in loading as it has many pics being the beginnings of a tourist site.
    The clip shows very nicely in my preview browser, but does not show on the net.
    What to do please?
    Thank you

Re: Video clip does not work.

Try uploading the video to You Tube, then use the embedding link from You Tube to link it into your site. I find the video loads faster and you get the added bonus of getting traffic from You Tube if you add a link to your site.
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hello Phillip,
      Thank you for the help, though I am left with a canandrum I can't solve, too much of a greeny I guess.
      I have joined Utube.
      I have a video on a DVD made via Pinnacle editing program from various tapes.
      In Utube I browse and open via My videos.
      It opens the pic and audio tracks separately.
      This is clearly not to be loaded to Utube.
      Can you advice please?
      Thank you
      PS If you help me I'll allow the Wallabies to beat the Springboks in the upcoming 3 nations series!

Comment

Hi Philip,
        I have a little to add. I have sat now for 2 hours searching for an answer to my problem.
        UTube has no answer in its archieves. I have tried to revamp the video to a mpeg2 format, this too has no result.
        I'm absolutely stymied.
        I do not know if the problem is the conversion of my pinnacle made video to swf or what. I think I have exhausted both my patience and trials.
        Is this a very complicated process?
        Thanx

Comment

I too use Pinnacle to edit out videos and post them to my site. I, with Pinnacle create button, make a file in the format I need the video to be. I then Blue ftp the file up to the appropriate file on my Voda host Server and link the player to that file.
          Hope that helps.
          Dave Van De Cappelle
          www.aSimpleLife.ca
          www.TheAlternativeSolution.ca

Comment

Thank you Dave, My problem is that the DVD I have is already made.
            I am now trying to get the DVD content to play on a site.
            For some reason my Pinnacle program wil not import the DVD.
            Any other suggestions.
            Thank you

Comment

at the beginning you stated that your wmv file was in my videos. if you made a file using pinnacle the raw film is on your harddrive. it can be a little tricky to get the files, especially typing the instructions. At the end you say you have a DVD and you want to have the DVD play on your site. Pinnacle lets you capture the contents of the DVD and bring it to the timeline just the same as raw film. the procedure is a little different so I would rather walk you through both processes. you can get my phone number by going here:
              www.videopostcards.info/contactus.html
              you can contact me anytime day or night and we will get your problem resolved.
              You also mention a swf file. this is a flash file and there is software that is available and you can take any type of video file and convert it to swf. if that is what you want to do.
              mrmagoo144
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Hello Mr. Magoo,
                Thank you for the continued interest.
                I am going to give this one more try via UTube.
                If this does not work the DVD must be faulty.
                I used another small filmlette for publishing to see if I was the fool or the DVD. Did this for a friend whose parents are in another country and they wanted to see their first grand child. Good opportunity to do ta test.
                This new one works perfectly via flash.
                http://www.sitesunion.com/shane.html
                If it does not load correctly please cut and paste
                I am already in the process of remaking the troublesome short. I shall render it as a mpg and save it to hard drive, no DVD. I shall store your phone number just in case.
                Thank you again, I appreciate all the help BV and its forum members give me, they have taken me a long way from where I was 4 months ago.
                Thanx

Comment

your welcome, anytime
                  mrmagoo144
                  mrmagoo144
                  www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
                  X