Image folder....image names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image folder....image names

I've searched the forums but really can't find an answer to this.

Is there a way for multiple pages to use the SAME image on each page without BV adding a new image to the image folder and adding numbers to the name?

For example I have an image AGC_logo.gif. After saving many pages using the same image (usually using a template) there is now an image for each page with names like AGC_logo_02_02_04_03_03_01.gif

Re: Image folder....image names

when ever you ad a image on multible pages all you need is that one image either with a name or item # it will be just that one image in the folder where its is stored in a file no need for multuble images of the same one stored
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Originally posted by jkadin View Post
      when ever you ad a image on multible pages all you need is that one image either with a name or item # it will be just that one image in the folder where its is stored in a file no need for multuble images of the same one stored
      That's my point. That's all I want is just the one image but BV is saving multiple copies of that image and adding the number suffix to the name. I'm not doing that manually. I have 1 folder where I save all the images I'm going to use for my website and when I add an image to the page I load the image from this folder. When BV saves the page it creates an image folder where I saved the page and it saves a seperate image for each page.

It could be just the way I'm saving the pages, etc but it would help to know how BV handles the save process and so forth.

Comment

I just looked at my image folder in bv its empty and I use multible images from my picture folder on several pages plus that same image is also on te two websites. So I not sure what is happening to you. Maybe someone wit more expertise in this subject will check with you good luck.
        p.s I am surprize that my image folder is empty with close to a 1000 images.
        sigpicJoe

Comment

Just to clarify how I'm creating pages so that it may help someone help me fix this.

Under the bluevoda docs folder I created a folder called AGC_website where I save all my pages. When I create a new page BV asks to name it and I point it to this folder and name the page (ex. products). BV then creates a folder in AGC_website named products and saves the page in the products folder as products.bvp as well as creates an image folder.

So I now have [drive]:\Program Filesx86\BlueVoda Website Builder\bluevoda_docs\AGC_website\products which has the products.bvp and images folder.

It does this for each page I create and saves a seperate image for that page even though it uses the same image as other pages. Also for some pages for some reason it just saved the .bvp in the AGC_website folder without creating a seperate folder and an image folder where these other pages are storing their images. Again adding seperate copies of the same image.

I would like to clean this up and organise it before my site gets much bigger.

Comment

To reply to jkadin:
            Your images folder will be empty unless you place the images you use in there manually.
            Amonaug:
            I have not seen this procedure in BV creating a folder when a page is published. It does not do that on my computer !!
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

hmmmm ... well my image folder is full and images are added inside just by previewing the page, publishing the page, importing a page ..

There should not be any .bvp files or any image folders in
              ProgramFiles/BlueVoda .. other than those that come with the program, menu bars, nav bars ..

Your pages that you create with blue voda should be saved in
              MyDocuments/BlueVoda .. and inside of this folder is as well, an image folder where your images are stored ..

Are you inserting the image onto your blue voda page? If you are inserting the same image on all your pages, it should just be insert and the same image. Blue Voda doesn't rename any of your images when building or publishing .. but if you are using a shape or a nav bar, blue voda will name these as images for you ..

I am thinking you have some registry problems with your computer ..
              Perhaps your installation did not go in correctly??

Can you check to see if you have in MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA .. this is where things should be stored for you .. and where you would create your folder for your domain ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                hmmmm ... well my image folder is full and images are added inside just by previewing the page, publishing the page, importing a page ..

There should not be any .bvp files or any image folders in
                ProgramFiles/BlueVoda .. other than those that come with the program, menu bars, nav bars ..

Your pages that you create with blue voda should be saved in
                MyDocuments/BlueVoda .. and inside of this folder is as well, an image folder where your images are stored ..

Are you inserting the image onto your blue voda page? If you are inserting the same image on all your pages, it should just be insert and the same image. Blue Voda doesn't rename any of your images when building or publishing .. but if you are using a shape or a nav bar, blue voda will name these as images for you ..

I am thinking you have some registry problems with your computer ..
                Perhaps your installation did not go in correctly??

Can you check to see if you have in MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA .. this is where things should be stored for you .. and where you would create your folder for your domain ..
                I changed my documents folders in options because I don't like my root drive cluttered with files, creates too much fragmentation of the drive. So I changed the folder to what's listed above. That really should have no effect on the images and naming.

Comment

This change seems to be the problem as others that accept the default do not have any problem.
                  Why not set up a test and see?
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi
                  Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

I managed to clean up all the files. It appears it had something to do with templates. When I create a web page and preview it puts a copy of all the images on the page in the image folder as explained above. It changes the link of the image from it's original folder to the bluevoda docs\images folder.

I think if I save a template with the original image links then it saves a copy in the image folder and tacks on a "version" number. I can't prove this as now since I updated to the latest version of BV I get the following message when trying to create a new page from template

"An attempt was made to access the Edit Button past it's end"

then it opens a blank template menu, IOW none of my save templates shows up.

Comment

Why not try this. Try this and see how it works out try cloning a page delete what you do not need on the page and work off that page and then save page as what you want it named.
                      sigpicJoe

Comment

Working...
                      X