PDA

View Full Version : Additional Information about Text and Page Properties are displaying...

hemantrw
06-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Hi friends !

I am new to web-development and knows very little (or almost nothing) about HTML/XHTML. And that's why I have decided to attend some classes for these languages so that I can prepare my ground to higher language like ASP.NET or PHP.

As being starter, I used VodaHost's BlueVoda Website Builder 10.12 to construct webpage. I found that it is very simple and with drag and drop, I am able to do many tedious things. When I finished designing a web page (index.html) in BlueVoda, I used print preview and the application initiated Internet Explorer and I could see everything fine. BUT...

When I closed BlueVoda application and located the same file index.html (It has IE icon as I saved it with html extension) and double click it to open it in Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, I found that additional information about page properties and font properties is there with actual contents that I want to show.

In my index.html page in BlueVoda, I have written this red color text to be displayed on the webpage....
************************************************** ************************************************** ********************
My name is Hemant
************************************************** ************************************************** ********************

Please see...what the webpage displays when I double click or use Open With to open the webpage index.html in INTERNET EXPLORER...
–ѕа°±б>ю€ ю€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€э€€€ю€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€Root Entry€€€€€€€€€€€€ю€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€Root Entry€€€€€€€€@“ы?C÷»јContents€€€€€€€€€€€€ `€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ю€€€э€€€ю€€€ю€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ ю€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ CBlueVodaDoc€ю€ !BlueVoda!т€ю€ Untitled Page€€€€ђђ€ю€ X€ю€Arial €ю€€ю€€ю€€ю€€ю€€ю€€ю€€€CWebText€€€€€€€€[~W€€€€ю€€ю€€ю€€ю€Text1€ю€kMy name is Hemant€ю€€ю€€€€‘–»ђ®"€€€мйЎqodмйЎ€ю€€ю€€ю€€ю€html€ю€€€€€€€ю€ ISO-8859-1€ю€Pa

Now see...what the webpage displays when I double click or use Open With to open the webpage index.html in MOZILLA FIREFOX
–ѕа°±бээээээээээээээээ>ээю€ эээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээю€€€эээээээ€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€э€€€ю€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€Rэoэoэt э эEэnэtэrэyээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ эээээээ€€€€€€€€€€€€эээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ эээээээю€€€эээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ эээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ€€€€€€€€€€€€э ээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ ээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ эээээээээээээээ€€€€€€€€€€€€эээээээээээээээээээээээ ээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ эээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ€€€€€€€ €€€€€эээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ эээRэoэoэtэ эEэnэtэrэyээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ эээээээ€€€€€€€€эээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ@ “ы?C÷»эээјээээээCэoэnэtэeэnэtэsээээээээээээээээ ээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ€€€€€€€€€€€€э эээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ`эээээээээ ээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ эээээээээээээээ€€€€€€€€€€€€эээээээээээээээээээээээ ээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ эээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ€€€€€€€ €€€€€эээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ эээ€€€€€€€€ю€€€э€€€ю€€€эээю€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ээээээээээээээээээээээээ эээ эээю€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ээ эCBlueVodaDoc€ю€ !эBэlэuэeэVэoэdэaэ!этээ€ю€ Uэnэtэiэtэlэeэdэ эPэaэgэeэ€€€эээээээ€эђэђэ€ю€э ээXээ€ю€Aэrэiэaэlэ эээ€ю€э€ю€э€ю€э€ю€э€ю€э€ю€э€ю€ээ€€эээCWebTextэээ э€€€€€€€€[ээ~эээWэээээ€€€ээээээээээээ€ю€э€ю€э€ю€эээээ€ю€ Tэeэxэtэ1ээээээээээээээ€ю€k<эfэoэnэtэ эsэtэyэlэeэ=э"эfэoэnэtэ-эsэiэzэeэ:э1э9эpэxэ;эBэAэCэKэGэRэOэUэNэDэ-эCэOэLэOэRэ:э#эFэFэ0э0э0э0э"э эcэoэlэoэrэ=э"э#э0э0э0э0э0э0э"э эfэaэcэeэ=э"эAэrэiэaэlэ"э>эMэyэ эnэaэmэeэ эiэsэ эHэeэmэaэnэtэ<э/эfэoэnэtэ>э€ю€эээээ€ю€э€€€эээээ‘–»эђ®"э€€€эмйЎэqodэээээмйЎэ€ю€э€ю€э€ю€э€ю€hэtэmэlэ€ю€э€ €€€€эээээээ€ю€ IэSэOэ-э8э8э5э9э-э1эээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ€ю€эээээ ээPэaэээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ ээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ ээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ ээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ ээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ ээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ ээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ эээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээээ

Please tell me what may be the cause of this problem and how can I resolve it ?

Waiting for your replies...

Regards,

Hemant
uppadhyay_hemant******.co.in

Bethers
06-25-2008, 06:16 PM
You are seeing the page in preview when doing the first from the builder. In order to see it "live" online, you need to publish the page - you can't do it as you tried.

hemantrw
06-25-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks Beth !

Do you mean that I will have to publish my webpage over internet ? Let me please explain you what is the situation here.

I am working as IT Professional in an educational institute. Recently, I had been assigned responsibility of Webmaster of our current website. When I observed the website, I found that it needs improvements. It was designed by one Web-development company and is hosted by ISP.

Now, please tell me...Can't I design the complete website with VodaHost before publishing it. And what is the meant by publishing ? Will I have to switch from my ISP to VodaHost for Website hosting ?

Please clear my doubts...

Regards,

Hemant.