can not make menu-bar link work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can not make menu-bar link work

Help, I have created and published two pages. I have titld the first index. I have added a fixed menu bar, and I have tried all types of links in the edit box and it still won't link.

I put in originally

http//wordz4themoment.net/about_me.bvp.html this did not work.

and when i preveiwed my second page I copied the name in the address bar and replaced about_me.html.

I also the whole lot for the name in the address bar. It does not link.

Wordz4the moment

Art

Re: can not make menu-bar link work

Hello friend

Your index page is perfect. When you connect your second page with index page dont put .bvp jus put the normal address. Ok do one thing copy this http://wordz4themoment.net/about_me.html and paste it the link. This is the address of your second page. The one you wrote above is the wrong one. Hope you will figure out the problem now.

Have a blessed day.
    Regards
    Attraction Passes
    Adventure Travel
    Europe Train Pass
    www.mirabeltravel.ca

Comment

Thank-you I have done as you suggested, but the page comes up blank and in the address bar it says blank? Hmmm. How can I fix this?

Comment

In your last thread I gave you the correct way of doing your links if you had done want saggi suggested of course they will not work he had left off te most important part it should be http://www.wordz4the.net/about_me.html
        he had left off www.
        p.s do not do multible threads on the exact same subject forum rules.
        look at my reply on your last thread on this subect to get your links working
        sigpicJoe
        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

yep, that done. I have now found that when I preview the page the link works find, however when I pul the site up on line it comes up blank. The address bar has

about:blank.
          What tha?

I am getting closer, thank-you

Comment

Actually your "About Me" button should be:

(no underline between about & me)

Comment

that is what I have put in, but as mentioned above it works when I preview it but on line it comes up blank, however when I put

in the address bar ir brings it up as a seperate page.

What do I do?

Comment

What that indicates is that you have published a page called "aboutme", BUT, you have not set the "ABOUT ME" button to http://www.wordz4themoment.com/aboutme.html

I looked at your NavBar coding for your Home page and it has nothing for an address for the "ABOUT ME" button. Go into the NavBar properties and correct the url for that button.

Also, if you want the next page to open in the same page that you are on; set the "target" property to (blank), in other words....nothing in that property!

Edit: You may be seeing a "cached" view when you go online. Hit F5 a bunch of times to "unlock" the browser cache.
                Last edited by judavvforum; 06-28-2008, 06:51 AM. Reason: Added comment

Comment

Sorry....that should be (.net, not .com) on your domain name!!

Comment

Thanx guys, I have actually made it work. What I did was unpublish/delete my index page and republished with the changes and it now it works.
                    Again thank-you, without your help I would not have even been able to make the changes.

Comment

You are quite welcome. Glad you got it working!

Comment

Working...
                      X