Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error 12029 Anything other than Firewall issue?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 12029 Anything other than Firewall issue?

I've been getting this Error 12029 ever since updating to BV 10.1. I've added BV to my accepted lists in my Firewall, and I've went as far as to shut down my firewall. I've rebooted several times and confirmed that the settings stay put.

I've opened a support ticket, however the only response I'm getting from support is to add BV to my firewall and virus scan then reboot.

Does anyone have any other ideas, if not, is there a way to go back to BV 9, because this was never an issue with that version.

Thank you for any help you can give.
    BeauxArtsFair.com
    ShawnJohnsonPhotography.com
    GlassIllusions.net

Re: Error 12029 Anything other than Firewall issue?

Try adding your site to the trusted list in IE 7. Ive seen 7 cause similar headaches. Its may be that bv is ok, it might be your site being blocked. Also in explorer - internet settings..advanced settings .. if you are on high speed and running a modem/router make sure you have the passive firewall thing checked off. I forget the exact wording on that. You will know it when u see it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen,

Thank you for the advise. I went in and added my website to E7 Trusted sites, then disabled the "Use Passive FTP(for firewall and DSL modem compatibility)" (I think this is what you were referring to) in the Advanced settings. I then Applied, OKed, closed out E7 and re-booted.

I tried to publish again, but got the same response. Error 12029. If you or anyone else has any other ideas I'm all ears. I didn't have any problems publishing at all until after I updated to BV 10.1.

Thank you for your time.
      BeauxArtsFair.com
      GlassIllusions.net

Comment

Thump

I meant that you wanted to ENABLE it if thats how you connect. Alot of modems have routers built in as added firewall protection. Sorry for the bad wording. I should be more careful when im tired. In the end you still get the firewall error.

Can you ftp your site? With other than bv? If not.. put in a support ticket and ask them to check if THEIR firewall has blocked you in case of too many attempts at access. That can happen.. have inadverdantly done it myself.

Also.. you can ask your isp to reset your ip.. see if that changes anything.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Well, it was originally enabled, so I went ahead and enabled it back. clicked apply and OK, closed out of E7, then re-booted. I then re-tried to publish, but got the same response.

Is there a setting that the BV10 upgrade changes, because I didn't have this issue before the upgrade, and I had a firewall enabled at that time. Logically speaking it's as if the upgrade either changed a setting somewhere, or there's something different in the way it's trying to connect to the Internet. Right now I have no firewall running.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
          BeauxArtsFair.com
          GlassIllusions.net

Comment

when you say "ftp my site", do you mean log into my cpanel? I am able to do that.
            BeauxArtsFair.com
            GlassIllusions.net

Comment

No, she was referring to verifying your ability to test from within BV if you could "upload" a sample file or even an image to your public_html/ directory using the FTP Manager/Tool in Blue Voda itself.

This would help to define the extent of BV itself making connection, or whether or not it is a connection issue entirely......
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Ahh...I just tried the "Connect" button in BV FTP manager, and it immediately gave me a "cannot connect" response. It doesn't seem like it even tried to connect.
                BeauxArtsFair.com
                GlassIllusions.net

Comment

Are you absoulutely POSITVE you are connecting to the correct server? That youve selected the server numbers in the drop down .. with the correct password etc..?

Some servers have changed.. so double check those numbers.

Contact your isp to reset your dns and ip.. you can also try going to a command prompt.. typing in

ipconfig/flushdns
                  unplug your modem and reboot

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I verified all my log in info with Support. My Server IP is 74.86.118.21. I was thinking there might have been a change there myself, but as per the response to my support ticket, they assured me the IP is correct, and also reaffirmed my user name and password that I am using. I both keyed them in, and I copied and paste.

I've been working on this issue for about 3 weeks now, and nothing seems to be working. The thing that sucks is that I know it's going to be something really stupid, and there's a box somewhere that needs to be checked or unchecked.

I'm running Windows XP Pro. I am also on a different wireless connection since I first started this nightmare.

Thank you for all your help Karen, and if you or anyone else have any other ideas, I would greatly appreciate it.
                    BeauxArtsFair.com
                    GlassIllusions.net

Comment

Hi .. are you connected via a router .. ? Ok, I see you are ..

Contact them and ask them to change their settings, sorry I forget which it was but I had to do something similarly myself and once they changed that variable I was fine ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I was at the other location, but here it's a DSL modem with built in wireless.
                        BeauxArtsFair.com
                        GlassIllusions.net

Comment

Can you try connecting from another computer? Has anyone else tried?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

You mean try uploading BV files from another PC? Unfortunately I don't have another PC I can use.

I can connect to the Internet via Fire Fox, Internet Explorer, and AOL without a problem, however BV itself doesn't want to connect at all. It doesn't even look like it thinks about it when I press "Connect" in the FTP Manager, and immediatly I get "Cannot Connect."
                            BeauxArtsFair.com
                            GlassIllusions.net

Comment

This may sound really stupid.. but .. redownload and install bv again. Might be a bad download or a file got corrupted somehow.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X