FTP help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP help

Need help setting up FTP site. Need a site so consultants can upload and download large architectural files. I have reviewed the tutorials over and over and either I don't get it or it is not what we are looking for. I have played around and just haven't figured it out yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

yamasaki-la.com

Re: FTP help

what are you using? DreamWeaver? Frontpage?

Comment

Neither, didn't know Frontpage or Dreamweaver had anything to do with FTP sites. Sounds like it may be over my head.

Comment

Basically all you need to do is go into cpanel and..

1) Create a directory for the files
        2) Create a ftp account for each consultant.

A FTP account will have
        1) Host - this is your website domain (yoursite.com)
        2) Username - whatever username you create
        3) Password - password to verify the login

There are ftp tutorials for multiple FTP clients, all you have to do is download the program, install, and follow the tutorial.

I hope that helps, post if you need more info (try to be specific as to what you need help with)

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks. I am going through the process again. Question for the moment: do our consultants have to also download, for example, Filezilla or Core FTP (depending what we use) to retrieve the files or can they use whatever program they have? Thanks

Comment

If they have a program capable of using FTP then they don't have to download anything. If they don't have any program that can FTP they will need to download one like Filezilla, CoreFTP, CuteFTP, etc..

Also, if configured for it, most popular browsers can be used to FTP.

Register/Login Script
            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
            X