PDA

View Full Version : Trying to change my index page

HomeBizGuy
06-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Hello,
I would like to re-build the index page of my web site. Is there a way I can wipe the page clean and re-start?
Thanks very much for your assistance!
Russ
HomeBizGuy
www.Achieveit.Biz

saggi
06-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Hi friend,

Yes you can re-build your index page. All you have to do is make a new page and save it with a name "index". It will overwrite your old page and you can re start your project with the new idea and new page. Hope you will figure out the way now.

jcaywood
06-26-2008, 10:14 PM
You can start from scratch or open your old one and delete whatever and all you wish. Just save either one as index and when you publish it will overwrite the old page.
If you're starting from a brand new page for your index page, I would suggest going to your folder on your computer and renaming your old index page by adding something to it (such as '1', etc. That will preserve your old page and not overwrite it just in case.

HomeBizGuy
06-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Hey Saggi,
I can't thank you enough! You saved me a great deal of time and frustration. Tons of Thanks!
Russ

jcaywood
06-26-2008, 10:16 PM
Oops, saggi. Took me too long to type...I didn't see your answer when I started.

HomeBizGuy
06-26-2008, 10:16 PM
Hey jcawood,
Thank you for the tip. Great idea!
Russ

saggi
06-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Oops, saggi. Took me too long to type...I didn't see your answer when I started.

It happened so many times with me too. But you gave both the option in case he/she want the old index page.

Anywayz, have a wonderful journey of life

saggi
06-26-2008, 11:40 PM
Hey Saggi,
I can't thank you enough! You saved me a great deal of time and frustration. Tons of Thanks!
Russ

You are most welcome.

HomeBizGuy
06-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Hello,
I ws able to make the changes to my index page. Thanks to Saggi and Jcaywood for your help. I included a video on the new page and now when I access the page on line it takes a VERY LONG TIME to load. I know there has to be a way to help this page load faster, other than take out the video.
Does anyone know what I can do to solve this problem?
Much appreciate it!
Russ
HomeBizGuy
www.Achieveit.biz (http://www.Achieveit.biz)
ID# 22306