Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review

www.printsofcornwall.com

I am obviously missing something as the site only comes up if I print the full "prints of cornwall" in Google. I would like the various pages to come up if someone is searchng for those headings. I realise that search engine optimisation is a big subject but what are the basics for a VH novice?
    Last edited by Interpreter; 06-27-2008, 03:39 PM. Reason: Script displayed is missing part of last sentence

Re: Please review

First of all your index page can be named some thing related to your site instead of index. Bethers has some very good info on SEO's check out these links. SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics Also Generalisimo Vasili has some real good info on the SEO's. Check out the SEO forum for questions by others that may help.
    Good Luck!!
    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

SAMAN

Thanks for your sites to look at. I have only had a brief glimpse and I can see many opportunites to improve things. Great help.

Comment

The main problem you have is no text on the image pages & your images are not named & have no alt text.
        Your site is on a US server with hardly any reference to the UK & Cornwall. Instead of what you have below on your 1st page.

Creed Church
        23 x 15.5 cms

"...a mile south of Grampound in the lovely hamlet of Creed"
        No 1 of 13 £12 + £3.50 p&p

It could be!

Pen and ink artists drawings of England’s Cornish country side & coastal scenes.
        This is an ink drawing of the beautiful Creed church in the civil parish of Grampound in the south west of Cornwall. The name derives from Sancta Crida, from Saint Cride, the patron of the church.
        This ink drawing measures approximately 230 x 155 mm / 9x6 inch
        Price = £12 + £3.50 p&p

Page No: 1 of 13

Then you can have?
        Title as!
        Drawing of Creed church Cornwall England.
        Description
        Cornwall Creed Church pen and ink drawing
        Keywords
        Creed church, artist, pen and ink drawing, Grampound, Cornwall, Cornish, England’s, coastal scenes, Cornish country side, Saint Cride, church.

Try & give the SE,s as much info as possible & in this situation some history. You will be surprised at how some will stumble across the prints when on a history lesson of Saint Cride or search of Cornish churches.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris,

That is most helpful. I understand now what you mean. I will have a re-think about each page.

I had always assumed that too little was better than too much.

Comment

Chris, I am now amending my site with your advice - not completely taken but almost so but how long is it likely to take for Google to pick up the revised pages. Should I resubmit on completion and with a new sitemap?

Comment

You will find goggle will pick up on it within a few days, if not sooner. The VH forum gets picked up on within hours & less on some days.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
              X