X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centering an 800 pixel page in html

Guys

I'm new in here so go easy on me !

I'm building a site to be viewed at 800x600 resolution, but want to be sure that the page is centered when it is viewed on a PC with a resolution greater than this.

When I preview the page it appears on the left of the browser (my PC runs at 1156 resolution).

Is there a way to force it into the centre ?

Thanks.

Craig.

Re: Centering an 800 pixel page in html

Originally posted by Central
    Guys

I'm new in here so go easy on me !

I'm building a site to be viewed at 800x600 resolution, but want to be sure that the page is centered when it is viewed on a PC with a resolution greater than this.

When I preview the page it appears on the left of the browser (my PC runs at 1156 resolution).

Is there a way to force it into the centre ?

Thanks.

Craig.
    Go to Page Properties. Click on "Center in Browser". Save and republish. Make sure your page is indeed 800 pixels wide. If it is more than that, even if you change it to 800, it will take as actuall number the real width of the page and might lead to a non correct centering
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
      Go to Page Properties. Click on "Center in Browser". Save and republish. Make sure your page is indeed 800 pixels wide. If it is more than that, even if you change it to 800, it will take as actuall number the real width of the page and might lead to a non correct centering
      Navaldesign

Simple ! Perhaps I should look a bit closer at the options in the future !

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It's much appreciated.

Regards.

Craig.

Comment

Originally posted by Central
        Navaldesign

Simple ! Perhaps I should look a bit closer at the options in the future !

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It's much appreciated.

Regards.

Craig.
        Don't worry pal. We all started this way, rushing to see our page ready, and we all skipped some of the tutorials. Take your time, Vodahost has excellent video tutorials that will answer most of your questios.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

This follows along the same lines and, if I have missed something obvious also, my apologies.

I would like to know how I can set my 'setup' page to only allow 800 pixels across, and by this I mean, so that I can be sure that when I view the page, it will only display as 800 across, or to put it another way, how can I set up my page so that it will not allow me to enter anything which will overlap the right-hand side of the page when viewed in 800x??? resolution.

I have tried the BV Page Properties, but when I next check, I find that the 800 has changed to something else, usually a much larger number.

Many Thanks.

Comment

This is because if even for a moment you put something exceeding the 800 limit, BV automatically increases the width. Do this: Go in guide settings and set the width to 800. Set also the Page width in 800. A "border" will appear. Make sure to be always inside this "border". Before publishing, check again in Page Properties the width to be 800, check the "Center in Browser", Save and Publish
            Navaldesign

Comment

Many Thanks for the reply, and Many Thanks for the information.

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for, and everything is now working fine.

Comment

Working...
              X