Rss feeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rss feeds

Can somebody please explain how I'm supposed to display information through this Rss feed?

Thanks
    Diane
    Diane Milinowski

Re: Rss feeds

Having the same problem for weeks but still no reply..hope someone can help us.

Comment

What is a feed (RSS)?

Feeds, also known as RSS feeds, XML feeds, syndicated content, or web feeds, contain frequently updated content published by a website.
      They are usually used for news and blog websites, but are also used for distributing other types of digital content, including pictures, audio files, or video.
      At its most basic, RSS generates a list of links, to various resources on your site with a description of the content for each link.
      The contents of a RSS feed can be read in different ways. A variety of tools, both fee based and free, to read RSS feeds are available on the Internet.
      The latest browsers (Internet Explorer 7.0, Safari, FireFox 2.0 and Opera) also have build-in RSS feed support.
      The RSS Feed tool lets you define a RSS channel with a set of headlines. When you publish the web page, which includes the RSS feed, a RSS (XML) file will be generated in the same folder as the HTML page. A small RSS icon will be displayed on your web page with a link to this file. Some browsers will display a special icon in the toolbar, which lets the users easily subscribe to your RSS channel.

Description of the Tool Properties (After you insert the RSS feed in your BV page, double click it)

Title
      The name of the channel. It is how users refer to your service.
      If you have an HTML website that contains the same information as your RSS file, the title of your channel should be the same as the title of your website.

Description
      Phrase or sentence describing the channel.

URL
      The URL to the HTML website corresponding to the channel.
      For example: http://www.msn.com if the feed is coming from msn.com

Filename
      The filename of the generated RSS xml file. By default, this file is named ‘rss.xml’, but you can rename it to anything you like. Common file extensions for feeds are .xml and .rss

Logo
      Specifies which icon will be displayed on the webpage.

Include publication date for headlines.
      The tool can automatically update the publication date of the headlines (based on the creation or modification timestamp). To include the publication date in the RSS feed, enable this option. If you leave this option off, the publication date will not be included.

Add
      Add a new headline.
      The Subject and Description should be written to describe the content and the URL should reference the webpage that contains that actual content.

Edit
      Edit the selected headline.

Remove
      Remove the selected headline.

before anyone tries to use the RSS feed tool, i suggest that he first understands what the RSS Feed is and how the relevant files are structured. To this purpose, please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_feed
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Dear All, Is it not possible just to tell us how to include RSS feeds, I have read so many people asking for this and not getting a reply. Do not mean to sound off but we really need help. We are green and you are the Professors. We are also trying to earn a living using your programe, please give a little slack here. I personally have been all over this site and others to try and get a simple version for installing..
        The videos mention all but RSS.
        Would be nice if you could arrange something for us all. Also something that we greenies can understand. After all we all have to learn sometime. Thank you...

Comment

Very well explained, Naval, and much appreciated--I had been searching for these instructions for almost an hour. But I have to say Friend107 was right in December '08 and unfortunately is still right: We've been needing an RSS how-to video tutorial for a long time now.

I'm sure everyone (or many) at VH have been busy this year developing the new release of BV. Now that it's out, I hope we can soon see a video of what you described and another regarding how to publish (on our BV page) a feed from someone else. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X