Exchange Links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Links

I have been hearing a lot about Exchanging links with other sites.
    What is the best way to do this?
    Thank You.
    Banker.

Re: Exchange Links

I have a jewellery site, so I'll exchange with you for a start. You can join a link exchange program or buy something like Link Assistant & choose your own.
    www.dinkdy.info
    www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
    www.thegemlovers.com
    www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Thank you Vicki. What is your URL?
      Cheers Banker

Comment

Hi there Banker,

There are link Exchange websites online. I personally use linkalizer. It is free and I think it is good...
        Fadi Kaouk

http://www.kgcinternational.com - Recruitment Firm
        http://www.moneymachineguide.com - Make Money Online
        http://fadikaouk.blogspot.com - Make Money Blog
        http://www.pokerguideservice.com - Learn the game of Poker
        [B][COLOR=Lime][COLOR=Black]

Comment

Thanks for that I will take a look.
          Cheers Banker.

Comment

Originally posted by fadikaouk View Post
            Hi there Banker,

There are link Exchange websites online. I personally use linkalizer. It is free and I think it is good...
            hmmm.... I think we are missing the point here of 'Link exchanging'

This isn't a competition to see who can get the most links to their websites.... It's not just a case of joining a link program and having hundres or thousands of link exchanges automated for you...

Google will not rate your site on how many links you have coming in

It is a far more complex system than this...

Firstly, obtaining just any old link (relevant to your site or not) is not the way to go. Check out the websites you are linking to/from, what's their position on the search engines, how does Google rate the site you are exchanging a link with? If they don't consider this site to be of any use to anyone, poorly made, or have a links page that looks more like a link farm (i.e. 1000 messy and irrelevant links on one page) then the chances are that if you ask them to link to your website this will have the opposite effect of what you are trying to achieve and in effect put you LOWER in the SE results than you are now!

Look for websites that are on the first three pages of Google, go over their website and ensure it is completed, easy to navigate, and looks professional enough. Check out their links pages and make sure they don't have any more than 50 links on one page and check that all the links are related to whatever the site is about.

Rather than thinking of your links pages as a boost up the search engines, see them as USEFUL, clean and presentable alternative websites that YOUR visitors may like to visit, that don't compete with you, but rather compliment your services or goods.

E.g A jewellery website may consider a link exchange with a fashion accessories website.. a handbag website, a wedding related website.

Links also don't always have to go on a 'Links page'

For example, on your jewellery website you may have a wedding ring section, nothing to stop you linking (promoting) a wedding s h o e s (damn VH and their word restrictions) website in return for them giving you a more prominent link rather than on THEIR links page. Use links to your visitors advantage more than to your own, this will be much preferred by the SE's in the long run.

So to sum up:

Research the link exchanges YOURSELF! Don't leave it to a piece of software.

Look for QUALITY and RELEVANT sites to exchange links with

Creat a presentable and appealing links page... you don't have to call it 'Links page'.. make it sound more appealing by calling it 'Useful Sites' 'Our friends' etc etc.

Don't just link with anyone! This will cause you more harm than good.

And remember that Links are just a very very small aspect of website optimisation.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
            X