Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple but complicated Question..

Hello Everyone,

I hope your going to be able to help me on this one. I have a page, named index.bvp so i want to add a form to it, and i did, everything works, but, now my page has turned into example: mydomain.com/index.php how frustrating...

Is there a way to have the form on the index page and saved without it going to an index.php i just want them to type in my domain name.com and thats it...

How can i do that, or is it not possible. I am using Bluevoda to build the site. If i have to i will have the form on another page, but i thought it looked nice where it is now.

Thanks in advance....

Carla

Re: Simple but complicated Question..

Carla..

It will only go to index php if you link to it that way. If it wasnt php it would be html. When you linke to your home page just use the .com no page at all.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you for the comment.

So i think the best way is to maybe place the form on another page that way it will be just .com instead of all that other stuff :0)) The only thing it allows me to do is make it a php page :0(( then i have 2 pages connected to it of success and error page to kick it in...

How confusing... but used to it lol

Thanks

Carla

Comment

Carla
        I believe you can do what you want,(have the form on your index page). Just put the form on the index page and save it as "index". The page properties would be "publish as php" because you now have a form on it. However, you will now also have a page in your "public_html" folder called "index.html". You will need to delete it using BV FTP or cPanel File Manager.

You are probably having that problem because the two index pages are confusing the server??

Comment

Carla

The form doesnt matter one iota. As Dave said if you already HAVE an index.html you will need to delete it as there can only be ONE index rather the extension is html or php.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X