Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Search Engine Submission

Hi there!

This is probably a pretty ridicluous question, but how important is it to have links connecting your site to another, and which search engines consider it important?

Kellie
    Kellie

Cozy Cabin Candles and Crafts
    http://www.ccabincandles.com

Re: Question about Search Engine Submission

Originally posted by KJay_23
    Hi there!

This is probably a pretty ridicluous question, but how important is it to have links connecting your site to another, and which search engines consider it important?

Kellie
    That's quite a question!

In the past links FROM OTHER SITES TO YOURS were important for ranking, but then a link exchange industry was created on the net and so Major Search Engines (Google!!!!) have decided to lower the specific weight of linking - especialy if reciprocal- . Still is useful up to a point, especialy if the link to your site comes from a good ranking site. Directory links seem to have lost some importance for Google. And what is becoming very important is Content(more is better) and Updating Period (the shorter the better)
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

That's what I was afraid of. lol

I was up late last night (ooops! and apparently tonight too!) doing some research on this stuff, as well as looking for sites that would do the link exchange, and feel like I've hit a brick wall.

I applied for a couple of directory sites, but I'm not terribly impressed with them... however, I'm not real sure where to go from here since I certainly don't want to point potential customers to a competitor, and am 98% certain that competitors will feel the same about having my link on their sites.

Unfortunately, the pay per click thing is out of the question at the moment, and with thousands of other chandlers out there, it has proven difficult coming up with keywords that will help my rankings without trying to displace a bigger company.

Ugh... sorry, I guess I just needed to rant! lol

Have any suggestions for a fairly frustrated beginner??

Thanks! :)
      Kellie
      Kellie

Comment

Then again... after rereading your post Navaldesign, perhaps all isn't lost... I think I'm pretty good with content (I say this with crossed fingers) although the updating thing is definitely a bust since I've been making changes/improvements to the site as I learn new things from the forum.

Well, back to researching!

Kellie
        Kellie

Comment

Then again... after rereading your post Navaldesign, perhaps all isn't lost... I think I'm pretty good with content (I say this with crossed fingers) although the updating thing is definitely a bust since I've been making changes/improvements to the site as I learn new things from the forum.

Well, back to researching!

Kellie
          I'm sorry to say that i'm quite disappointed with my SEO results. My Italian site ranks 1 to 5 between Google and Yahoo, doesn't even appear on MSN. My new (info) site ranks nr 1 on MSN, 1-3 to Google (depends also on which regional Google site you search at), and so on. This, based on the name navaldesign or naval design as search term. When it gets to search with all the other metawords that are relative to my work, i don't even appear on search engines. So i use direct publication advertisement to get some results. In my case Internet presence is a marketing tool to convince clients that ALREADY HAVE HEARD OF ME and not to attract new clients. I also make limited email campaigns - you see my clients are shipyards, so, fortunately there are only 20 aprx. potential clients i, so I LET THEM KNOW when there is something that might interest them on my site
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

To me, your rankings sound very impressive! Then again, this is coming from someone whose site is showing up on Yahoo only when I search for the business name... I haven't even found the site searching for anything else! I'm not on any other search engines yet, but I've heard that it takes time... so, I wait!

Unfortunately, our old site is still showing up on different searches, and I have no idea how to get it off of there as the site no longer exists. (It was a complimentary promotional type of site... long story! lol)

We've been in business almost 4 years now, and have a fairly solid client base in our area... but since they've been with us for so long, they just call when they want to order something. I do have some brochures out to various new customers, but would love to see customers come in from other states.

I'm curious... how does the email campaign thing work? I've heard of it, but know nothing about it, and thought that it may be considered as spam by the various email clients.

Thank you for taking the time to talk, and answer my questions... I appreciate it! :)

Kellie
            Kellie

Comment

To me, your rankings sound very impressive! Then again, this is coming from someone whose site is showing up on Yahoo only when I search for the business name... I haven't even found the site searching for anything else! I'm not on any other search engines yet, but I've heard that it takes time... so, I wait!

Unfortunately, our old site is still showing up on different searches, and I have no idea how to get it off of there as the site no longer exists. (It was a complimentary promotional type of site... long story! lol)

We've been in business almost 4 years now, and have a fairly solid client base in our area... but since they've been with us for so long, they just call when they want to order something. I do have some brochures out to various new customers, but would love to see customers come in from other states.

I'm curious... how does the email campaign thing work? I've heard of it, but know nothing about it, and thought that it may be considered as spam by the various email clients.

Thank you for taking the time to talk, and answer my questions... I appreciate it! :)

Kellie
              My ranking is only due to the fact that "navaldesign" is an unusual keyword. Indeed, as I told you, when i search my site with other keywords, it doesn't even show up. About email campaigns, i can't help you. My email campaigns are limited to 20 - 25 clients so that's not really an email campaign but a direct emailing thing
              Navaldesign

Comment

Okie dokie, no problem... I was just curious!

Thank you for your time! :)

Kellie
                Kellie

Comment

Working...
                X