Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does google include dynamic pages in search listings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does google include dynamic pages in search listings?

I am using Soholaunch, and I am totally enjoying its ease of use. In Soholaunch, dynamic pages are used except for the home page. These dynamic pages use a query or a "?" in their page name.

In their webmaster guidelines, google warns:

"If you decide to use dynamic pages (i.e., the URL contains a "?" character), be aware that not every search engine spider crawls dynamic pages as well as static pages. It helps to keep the parameters short and the number of them few."

From the tone of the wording, I assume that google does include dynamic pages in their search results. However, I have noticed that some web developers do not think that they include them. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Also, does anyone know if yahoo or other search engines list dynamic pages? Is there any source that gives this information?

Thanks for the help.

www.NativeStar.org

Re: Does google include dynamic pages in search listings?

Hi, i would assume this forum is created dynamically & if you enter the search ?
    Does google include dynamic pages in search listings?

You will be in the top three.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Yes, Google reads dynamic pages. Follow closely what they said - and keep the string as short as possible. In other words, don't have several ? in the string. The problem with the dynamic strings is more prevalent with some of the other se's but Google, as noted in what you read, warns you to keep the string short.

When I rebuilt a couple of my stores, I decided to not use dynamic pages to do so - but would not have a problem doing so as long as I could keep the string to no more than 2 or 3 ?'s.

Chris, the forum is not a dynamic page of the sort talked about here.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth,

Actually it is.. but they have a plugin module that transforms the pages to html.. still dynamically generated.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes, but I still don't consider them the same as the multiple ? strings you find with some stores, etc - where the page names are soooooooo long, etc. And, doesn't that plug in module make the pages easier for se's to read? (or not?)
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Yes.. but if you look its still a long string.. just not ending with .php

It doesnt matter if its / or ? they both amount to the same thing..extended strings

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks, everyone for your expert answers. Since soholaunch automatically includes a '?' in website page names, I was a little concerned. For example, my webpage http://www.nativestar.org/index.php?...dit_Card_Guide has a query in it. Your answers give me satisfaction that there should be no problem with google.

And thanks, Beth for your point on multiple '?' in the page name. I will certainly refrain from that.

www.NativeStar.org

Comment

Working...
              X