Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form not submitting info to my e-mail

Hello
    I have created a form using form wizard - form shows up fine, allows user to submit information but when they press submit, it goes to "page not found" page - so I am obviously missing something - I have saved page as php - watched tutorials - can someone please help me - thanks!

www.reelinginadream.org

Marylou

Re: Form not submitting info to my e-mail

Let me update - my form finds the success page now but I am not receiving e-mails from the form - am I missing a step - basically I need to know what I might have done wrong or what I might be missing to receive the form in my e-mail....Tx.

The Timothy P. Roberts' Reeling in a Dream fund is commited to providing young adult cancer patients with the things that are not be provided within the normal scope of traditional medical care. The Fund is administered by Dana Farber Cancer Institute.

Comment

if you see the Thank you page, the ONLY possible reasons are:
      1. Misstyped email address
      2. Mail blocked by your ISP or finished in your spam / junk folder

Try using a email address within your own domain, and see if it makes it to your own webmail. If it gets there but not on your desktop, it can only be your ISP blocking it or bad settings on your own email client (Outlook Express or other)
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello, this topic relate to my problem.

My contact form is working, i get email from sender. But when visitor press submit button, it goes to "page not found" 404 bla bla bla. The Thank You page not appear. Can somebody help me? Thanks
        www.bluelemonstudio.com

Comment

As said above: misstyped thank you page URL. Itshould be either the FULL URL http://www.domainname/thankyoupage.html or ONLY thankyou.html .

Don't type it as www.domainname/thankyou.html , it will result in error.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

NAVALDESIGN> Thank you for your info, very helpfull.
            www.bluelemonstudio.com

Comment

Hi there, I am having an issue similar to this, and I have searched the forum to try to find the answer, but no luck.

Here is the form I have -
              http://www.juliatrops.com/diamante/c...ontactform.php

I am on ******* and have to use a webformmailer.php to process the page, and I would like to have

show up when the submit button is pressed.

Here is the problem. My form does not submit to email. I am sure I am missing something, but I can not figure out what.

Do you need to see the webformmailer.php? I dont think I changed anything in there except for the landing page at the very bottom of the file, but it does not seem to be activated.

Any help would be most terrifically appreciated.
              Thank you.

Comment

Since you are not on a VodaHost account, i can't know what your script does or how it behaves. I don't even know if your hoster (or hosting account) supports php.

And of course there is no way to say anything without seeing the code.

Further more, the two links you provided above result "prohibited" : (You have no prmissions to access ... on this server)
                Navaldesign

Comment

Hi sorry, I didnt realize this was just for voda account users, I should have. I did a search on form php mail submit, and came here.

Yes, my hosting acct has php, Hosting account 2.0 with GDddy.

I am not sure why it would say no access - would you consider trying again? No worries if not. Thank you though for your response.

Comment

Seems like your form action is wrong (or the script is missing)
                    Remove the slash from action="/webformmailer.php" and test again. Make sure that you have uploaded the php script in the same folder where your form page is
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Hi there I changed to no slash in front of webformmailer, and no difference. I've also tried a complete name including http, ../directory etc.
                      Yes, the webformmailer.php is in the same directory as the form.

<form id="bid" name="bid" action="webformmailer.php" method="post" >
                      <input type="hidden" name="form_order" value="alpha"/>
                      <input type="hidden" name="form_delivery" value="hourly"/>
                      <input type="hidden" name="form_format" value="csv"/>

<span id="sprytextfield1"><label>Your email

<input type="text" name="email" id="text1" />
                      <span class="textfieldRequiredMsg">ie yourname@domain.com.</span>
                      </label></span>

<p>
                      <label>Subject
                      <input name="subject" type="subject" id="subject" value="Bid for Gallerie Diamante artwork" size="40" />
                      </label>
                      </p>
                      <p>
                      <span id="sprytextfield2"><label>Artwork code

<input type="text" name="artwork" id="text2" /><span class="textfieldRequiredMsg">Please enter the artwork name.</span> </label></span>
                      </p>

<p>
                      <span id="sprytextfield3">
                      <label>Bid amount CDN

<input type="text" name="bid" id="text3" />
                      <span class="textfieldRequiredMsg">In Canadian Dollars.</span> </label> </span> </p>
                      <p>
                      <span id="sprytextfield4"><label>Your phone number for bid confirmation
                      <input type="text" name="phone" id="phone" />
                      <span class="textfieldRequiredMsg">ie 250-717-5304.</span> </label></span>
                      </p>
                      <p>
                      <span id="sprycheckbox1"><label>
                      <input type="checkbox" name="rules" id="checkbox1" />
                      <span class="checkboxRequiredMsg">Please check the box.</span>You confirm that you have read the <a href="/diamante/howtobid/howtobid.html" target="_blank" class="style1">bidding rules (opens a new window)</a> and agree to accept them.</label></span>
                      </p>
                      <p>
                      <label>
                      <input type="radio" name="radio" id="newsletter" value="newsletter" />
                      Please add me to your newsletter (sent via ConstantContact). I understand I may opt out at any time.</label>
                      <a href="/diamante/privacy/privacy.html" target="_blank" class="style1">Please see our Privacy Policy for more information (opens a new window).</a></p>
                      <br/>
                      PHP Code:
                      php for captcha 
                      <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
                      <input type="reset" value="Reset" />

</form>

<form action="" method="post"><input name="email" type="hidden" value="juliatrops******.com" />
                      <input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="../diamante/contact/thankyou.php" />

</form>

There is a captcha snippet in between the form method post.

Comment

I dont mean to be mean, but why are you not asking these questions at formmailer or your hosting companies forum.

You could get a quicker answer, as Navaldesign can get very tied up with answering and preparing scripts for the members of vodahost.
                        Have fun
                        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                        Newbies / Beginners Forum
                        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post
                          I dont mean to be mean, but why are you not asking these questions at formmailer or your hosting companies forum.

You could get a quicker answer, as Navaldesign can get very tied up with answering and preparing scripts for the members of vodahost.
                          Hi thank you, yes, I did already. They dont help with third party scripts.

I read through some of the posts in the forum, and thought it was an open one for anyone to ask, and it seemed friendly.

I will go somewhere else. Thankyou anyway.

Julia

ps. I looked for help for webformmailer - is it just called formmailer? I will look again on the web. thank you.

Comment

Sorry Julia, George may popin a little later........I was just trying not to keep you waiting.
                            Have fun
                            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                            Newbies / Beginners Forum
                            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi there, no worries thank you.
                              I did do another search and found formmail on the web from tectite. It was wonderful to use, and I am up and running, it is just a little slow.
                              Thank you!
                              Julia

Comment

Working...
                              X