New Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Website

Hello there I was wondering if I could get a critique on my website, any feedback would be appreciated as I am fairly new to website design.

www.toisoftware.com

Thanks!

Paul MacLean

Re: New Website

Great job, Paul. Especially like the scrolling Main.

I would do something about your background to fix the tiling effect which detracts from the whole theme, personally.

Rather than use the single image "as background" I probably would make it as big as possible so as not to lose definition (of course), and merely put it underneath your "page" (right-click on picture > Send To Back) to act more like a 'frame' of sorts. I would also use a shadow-frame to give the pix a softer blended edge, and then make the background proper using the eyedropper to set the color to the exact hue of the predominant gray/off-white that is in the picture --- so the picture (with the diffused shadow edge) blends into the background naturally. This should be done before adding the picture, actually, and then also "Sent To Back" twice: first the shadow frame, then the picture, then the shadow frame again, so it is under the picture as should be.

Just be sure to make your overall page size slightly larger than the picture your are using, and then to center everything within the BV workpane. That way, it al comes out even without tiling or an odd sense of creative dis-connnect.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Nice, The black box (boarder) you use on each page dances around from page to page. Have it the same size and same location on every page. Also when you get into the demo page there is no way back to any of the other pages except to use the back button, this turns many users off and make your site look less professional. Since you are selling a product you need a privacy page. And finally getting back the black box (boarder) I would move it up in you builder so that when you publish it will be centered in the screen and not have to scroll down to see the bottom.
      I just quickly looked it over, have to get back to work but over all what you have right now is very nice.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Hi, ditto with above. You need to set the page width to 866 to center the black shape & then place everything on this. You have the width at 948.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hey guys, wow thanks for the response. I actually have a couple of questions don't know if you can help me. For my demo I used Adobe captivate and just loaded the file with a link to it on the main page. Any idea how I can get my sites navigation bar on there? And also I noticed that when I type TOI Software into google my site doesn't pop up anywhere. Only when I type in toisoftware. How could I get google to recognize my site? I do have a site map and meta tags and have noticed a crawlbot going onto my site. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Because you Main page is so light on text and Content that could provide some degree of depth to developing and optimization value for words, you are going to have to be very clever indeed to expect your Main page to 'place' with the SE's before an interior page (assuming they will have significantly more developed Content).

For instance, this is the only "hard text" instance of your most recognized (and probably entered Search request) of your name or product:
            "T.O.I. software is now used by the"

The rest of the occurrances are not read: the images, the logos, etc. In other text available, you have a different mention: "TOI2 Software."
            You either need to totally weave value into your object ALT Text in addition to finding a way to squeeze in some kind of 75-150 word "intro" onto your index page in hopes to tweak a peek from the SE's to value a cache.

Also, you will need to seriously pare down any Meta you entered in your Properties, especially your Key Words. Every Key Word MUST be anchored in your page text.

I would seriously consider creatively plugging in some Key Words into your (index) Page Title also, which create great value above some Content elements, but being careful not to over do it: 9 total words (including sitename.com) at most.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

good job

Comment

Your text "for Hockey Shift times" needs to be bigger. I did not even know what the website was about until I saw that.
                -Zachary
                www.pebblecrossing.com
                Earn While you Search the Web!

Comment

Working...
                X