Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addo domain and missing index page

Hi

I've just uploaded my site as an add-on domain name, all the pages work OK execpt whe you click the home links - these go to the /index.html page - which is their as its the home page, but when you click them it give a error.

Any ideas?

The url is - www.travelchains.co.uk

Thanks

David

Re: Addo domain and missing index page

You have published your index page as a .php page

Therefore index.php will show but index.html won't

You either need to change your index page to .html extension and republish (this would mean though that you MUST remove the .php page from the server)

Or just repoint the home page links to .php.

In fact you don't have to point the hom epage links to index at all.

When you link to your homepage all you need is your url www.travelchains.co.uk
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Re: Add on domain and missing index page

Hi Ramsey

I don't know how it published as a .php page - all I did was to publish it.

Anyhow, I have deleted the file using the ftp utility and re-published it using BV.

I've ctrl+f5 a few tims but I still get the problem.

Any ideas?

Cheers

David

Comment

You haven't removed the index.php file off the server, it's still there.

The trouble is... when typing in your domain name it automatically searches for an index file. If you have both index.php and index.html on your server it will always find the .php one first so you must remove it.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I did remove it honest!

I've removed it again, can you check its gone?

Comment

ok, now it's removed. Now republish it but make sure before you do.. change the extension to .html in the page properties.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, just showing my nine year old how to insert a navigation bar on her new site!

Its a normal .bvp - is that OK?

Comment

Yep. Just leave it as 'index' but go into your page properties and change the extension from .php to .html then just publish it.

Comment

I don't know how it changed to a .php from a .html page.

Anyway I've done that, now I get a load of code at the top of the page - any ideas?

Comment

hmmm... sorry not sure about that one. Obviously something on your page is conflicting there... I would say your form but please don't hold me to that. Hopefully someone who knows will come along and help you out there.

Comment

I've taken the form off the site - that can wait for another day, and the site looks as it should with the text gone.

Thanks for all your help tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by David Wright View Post
                        I've taken the form off the site - that can wait for another day, and the site looks as it should with the text gone.

Thanks for all your help tonight.
                        I thought it might be the problem, as for why...... Naval (George) is probably your man!

You are welcome.

Comment

Working...
                        X