PDA

View Full Version : My form do not work

Julia
01-24-2006, 08:47 PM
The form i have made in my site, seems not to work properly, when i click on the send buttom i get a message the the url was not found, the mail i used to set up the form is configured in my mail client, i have followed all the steps of the tutorial to set it up correctly...some ideas where the problem could be lying?

navaldesign
01-24-2006, 09:15 PM
The form i have made in my site, seems not to work properly, when i click on the send buttom i get a message the the url was not found, the mail i used to set up the form is configured in my mail client, i have followed all the steps of the tutorial to set it up correctly...some ideas where the problem could be lying?

Hi Julia

upload the link to your form page so we can have a look

Julia
01-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Hi.... this is the page www.tctinternacional.org/contacto.html i have been reading the topics about forms, i understand i need to make a second page to confirm people their message have been sent, but not a clue what i must do further...thanks,

VodaHost
01-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Julia....

1) Please watch the the form tutorials 3 times.
2) Please use the PHP code provided in the form tutorials...

If you do not feel comfortable with the above. Please consider
using Soholaunch to build your website. Soho has a built in form
generator.

http://www.vodahost.com/soholaunch.htm

navaldesign
01-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Hi.... this is the page
www.tctinternacional.org/contacto.html (http://www.tctinternacional.org/contacto.html) i have been reading the topics about forms, i understand i need to make a second page to confirm people their message have been sent, but not a clue what i must do further...thanks,

Hi Julia,

a few comments:

1. The name fiels and the organisation field have the same name, T1. Change them in "Nombre" e "Organizacion" .No accent please over the "o".
2. The "No pertenezco a ninguna organización " Radio Button and the "Necesito información " radio button have the same name., "contactos from ctc". Change them in "Organizacion" and "information" and put rispectively values "si" and "si" , so when they click on the buttons you will receive f.e. "No pertenezco a ninguna organización: si " and "Necesito informacion : si". Make them "selected" by default.
3. Your third Radio Button has no name at all, name it "Partecipacion" and put value "si". Make it by default "not selected". They will have to click on it to express their interest to partecipy.
4. Change the email field name in "email" it now is "mail". You can leave it as it is, but most of the ready scripts need "email" to work.
5. Change the form action in"confirmacion.php" . As it is now it does nothing. . It doesn't even have the "mailto:" .
6. The "Como encontró nuestra pagina " dropdown list has to be larger. Select it and make it wider.
7. Build your Thankyou or Confirmation page in Bluevoda, as you like it. Just worry about the visual part, don't do anything about the script.

When you're done, publish the pages - both the form page and the Thankyou page. Let me know the URLs of your pages. I'll provide you with the necessary"confirmacion.php" file and you will just have to upload it. Please also let me know your email address on your vodahost account. I have to insert that in the script.

Julia
01-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks..*****, i have been watching the form tutorials, i will try again to upload all my pages with the changes i made, i am already becoming used to bluevoda, maybe soholaunch is something for me but for my next site, it seems an easy to use site builder for sure i am gonna use it..

being new to web design i can not believe i could put all tha pages together all on my own, thanks to bluevova..

Julia
01-25-2006, 05:35 PM
Hi again, thanks for replying, making the changes i realized i never could without help, i have made all the changes this are the links www.tctinternacional.org/contacto.html (http://www.tctinternacional.org/contacto.html)
www.tctinternacional.org/gracias_por_contactarnos.html (http://www.tctinternacional.org/gracias_por_contactarnos.html)

i will send you a mail with my mail on my vodahost account

I forgot something where do i have to upload my (thank for contacting us) page, because i can not make a link in all the pages for that page, in ftp?

it's fine thanks

navaldesign
01-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Hi again, thanks for replying, making the changes i realized i never could without help, i have made all the changes this are the links www.tctinternacional.org/contacto.html (http://www.tctinternacional.org/contacto.html)
www.tctinternacional.org/gracias_por_contactarnos.html (http://www.tctinternacional.org/gracias_por_contactarnos.html)

Ok Julia, i'll check the pages and provide you the script. Hope I'll be able to do this today, In Italy it's 18.35 so whithin 1/2 hour I'll be leaving. If I can't make it today i'll do it in the morning

navaldesign
01-25-2006, 05:50 PM

I forgot something where do i have to upload my (thank for contacting us) page, because i can not make a link in all the pages for that page, in ftp?

it's fine thanks

Julia,
i can't find your Thankyou page. The URL is wrong. Please give me the correct URL

Julia
01-25-2006, 06:07 PM
For sure you are almost living now but is quite Ok for tomorrow, i think this is the right link www.tctinternacional.org/gracias_por_contactar, if not i will try to find out tonight the right one.

navaldesign
01-25-2006, 06:14 PM
For sure you are almost living now but is quite Ok for tomorrow, i think this is the right link www.tctinternacional.org/gracias_por_contactar (http://www.tctinternacional.org/gracias_por_contactar), if not i will try to find out tonight the right one.

I've found it for myself, it's www.tctinternacional.org/gracias_por_contactar.html (http://www.tctinternacional.org/gracias_por_contactar.html) you missed the .html extension. Ok, i'll have a look tommorow morning

navaldesign
01-25-2006, 08:04 PM
For sure you are almost living now but is quite Ok for tomorrow, i think this is the right link www.tctinternacional.org/gracias_por_contactar (http://www.tctinternacional.org/gracias_por_contactar), if not i will try to find out tonight the right one.

Hi Julia,

I can't go on and prepare the script if you don't first make the corrections i've told you about. Please make the necessary modifications and publish the page so i can check it

deamonox
01-26-2006, 03:25 AM
hey i made it but when i click register it says page cannot be found what do i do and my url is http://www.deamonox.net/contact.html it is jsut a simple but when i click register it doesnt work

navaldesign
01-26-2006, 04:56 AM
hey i made it but when i click register it says page cannot be found what do i do and my url is http://www.deamonox.net/contact.html it is jsut a simple but when i click register it doesnt work

Let me explain something to you deamonox,

what you have created is the form page. You have put in the form action field "contact.php". This means that when you click on "submit" , the code in this page calls another page, the "contact.php" page. It is this page that should contain the piece of code necessary to receive the info from your form and then create an email to be sent to you. You obviously have not yet created this php page and that's why you get a 404 Page not found Error . If you watch tutorial #1 carefully, you will see that under it, in red, there is a Read Me! This is where all this is explained. So follow exactly those instructions and create your php page. If you have difficulties after that or you want to change or improve your form with validation etc, post again and i'll be happy to help.

navaldesign
01-26-2006, 05:41 AM

Hi Julia,

here is the script and the necessary instructions:

<?php
// Receiving variables from the form
@$organizacion = addslashes($_POST['organizacion']);
@$informacion = addslashes($_POST['informacion']);
@$como_nos_encontró = addslashes($_POST['como_nos_encontró']);
@$comentarios = addslashes($_POST['comentarios']);
@$participacion = addslashes($_POST['participacion']);
@$email = addslashes($_POST['email']);
@$nombre = addslashes($_POST['nombre']);

//Sending info to form owner
$pfw_header = "From: $email\n"
. "Reply-To: $email\n";
$pfw_subject = "Information from Contact Form"; // Change the subject if you like
$pfw_email_to = "put your exact email on your vodahost account here";
$pfw_message = "organizacion: $organizacion\n"
. "informacion: $informacion\n"
. "como_nos_encontró: $como_nos_encontró\n"
. "comentarios: $comentarios\n"
. "participacion: $participacion\n"
. "email: $email\n"
. "nombre: $nombre\n";
*****($pfw_email_to, $pfw_subject ,$pfw_message ,$pfw_header ) ;
header("Location: http://www.tctinternacional.org/gracias_por_contactar.html");
?>

1. Copy this code and paste it in Notepad.
2. You should put your exact email address (the one on your Voda account)
3. Change the Subject line if you like
4. In Notepad, choose "Save as", select File type "All files", and save the file as "confirmacion.php".
5. Upload the saved file on your server, on the same folder where your contact page is. Use BlueFTP to do this.

Julia, I've given you these instructions so that others can also see what's the procedure. You don't really need to do all this, because I've emailed you the ready - finished file, including your email address. Just do the uploading on the server. Test the form and let me know.

deamonox
01-26-2006, 12:21 PM
ok i create the php file i named it contact.php and saved my form page is contact.html i have my email i typed it in into that notepad file contact.php i saved it i sent it to public and nothing.

navaldesign
01-26-2006, 12:30 PM
ok i create the php file i named it contact.php and saved my form page is contact.html i have my email i typed it in into that notepad file contact.php i saved it i sent it to public and nothing
Please upload the code you have pasted in notepad. I'll have a look

navaldesign
01-26-2006, 12:35 PM
If you want, create your thankyou page - simply in BV, don't put any script in it. Let me know the URL. I'll give you the reay to upload script

deamonox
01-26-2006, 12:41 PM
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Succesfully processed your order</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<H2>Thanks for your order!</H2>

<?PHP
$email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
$mailto = "ajcppmyl@deamonox.net";
$mailsubj = "Contact";
$mailhead = "From: $email\n";
reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
$mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form:\n";
while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
{
$mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
}
mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
?>
</BODY>
</HTML>

i just simply downloaded their zip copy so it worked but when i wanted to change it to more things not only name and emial like newsletter and stuff it didnt work anymore the only thing i saw tas email and name and submit and how do i create that thank you page?

deamonox
01-26-2006, 12:42 PM
ok it works but when i add the information it doesnt create an email account

VodaHost
01-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Have You Set Up The Email Account In Your Control Panel?

deamonox
01-26-2006, 10:27 PM
i think i did but i dont know if i did it right my email is ajcppmyl@deamonox.net

deamonox
01-26-2006, 10:29 PM
when i go to webmail you know and i click mail so i see if i have anything inbox and stuff like that i wnat to create a registration for email accounts and also a form like you have to login in order to post comments and stuff like that if you want to download anything and more

navaldesign
01-26-2006, 10:32 PM
when i go to webmail you know and i click mail so i see if i have anything inbox and stuff like that i wnat to create a registration for email accounts and also a form like you have to login in order to post comments and stuff like that if you want to download anything and more

Create your thankyoupage in BV. Make it a simple html page. Complete your form with anything you need. Upload the URLs. I'll give you the script to upload to the server with instructions on what to do.

deamonox
01-27-2006, 12:46 AM
here i put a picture at the end it says thank you for registrating in it can you opload me the php file or whatever

Julia
01-27-2006, 07:04 AM
I have already uploaded the php file through my ftp, but where do i put my mailto, because in the form properties action i put confirmation php....

navaldesign
01-27-2006, 07:50 AM
I have already uploaded the php file through my ftp, but where do i put my mailto, because in the form properties action i put confirmation php....

You don't put it anywhere, it is inserted in the script. So since it was wrong, i'll send you a new script with the correct email address.

navaldesign
01-27-2006, 08:06 AM
here i put a picture at the end it says thank you for registrating in it can you opload me the php file or whatever

Hi deamonox,

If you want me to help you please follow these simple steps:

1. Finish your form page. The script i'll send you will work with that form. If you change it, f.e. add more fields or rename them, it won't work.
2. Create a thankyou page. It only has to be a simple html page built in BV
3. Upload the page URLs so i can find the pages.

I'll provide you with a ready to upload script. Please also verify that your email address is the one on your Voda account and works ok. Let me know this address.

You can change your Thankyou page whenever you want, as long as you don't change it's name

Julia
01-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Hi.. Navaldesign i have put the php file in bluevoda folder like you told me, and uploaded, but when i test the form the file can not be found, all the pages i have made in BV are in other folder and not in BV folder, is this maybe the reason? i have not changed anything in the form, this are the values

Name = nombre no value
email = email no value
organization = organization no value
No pertenezco a ninguna org = organization / value= yes initial state =selected

necesito informacion = informacion / initial state= selected

tengo interes en participar= participacion/ no value /initial state not selected

tu mensaje aqui = initial value =comentarios

enviar= form name=formulariotct / value label=enviar/buttom type=submit

reiniciar= reiniciar / valuelabel=reiniciar / buttom type=reset

form properties =f ormulariotct / action = confirmacion.php / methot = post / encoding type=multipart form data

this is everything what i have done, if you can see where i have made a mistake please let know...

navaldesign
01-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Hi.. Navaldesign i have put the php file in bluevoda folder like you told me, and uploaded, but when i test the form the file can not be found, all the pages i have made in BV are in other folder and not in BV folder, is this maybe the reason? i have not changed anything in the form, this are the values

Name = nombre no value
email = email no value
organization = organization no value
No pertenezco a ninguna org = organization / value= yes initial state =selected

necesito informacion = informacion / initial state= selected

tengo interes en participar= participacion/ no value /initial state not selected

tu mensaje aqui = initial value =comentarios

enviar= form name=formulariotct / value label=enviar/buttom type=submit

reiniciar= reiniciar / valuelabel=reiniciar / buttom type=reset

form properties =f ormulariotct / action = confirmacion.php / methot = post / encoding type=multipart form data

this is everything what i have done, if you can see where i have made a mistake please let know...

Hi Julia,

if you can't find the "confirmacion.php" file it's because it isn't there. You have either uploaded it in another folder (it MUST be in your public_html folder) or you have somehow changed it's name. Open Blue Ftp and check to see if it's there or not or under what name

Julia
01-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Yes i have downloaded the confirmation.php, but there was another confirmation.php in my BV folder and the last file you sent me was automatically renamed as confirmation(2).php, should i delete all phps i have in Bv folder and download and upload again..

Something else the email i use in my email client is another one and not that one from BV, i did not tell that before, i do not know if that count

navaldesign
01-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Yes i have downloaded the confirmation.php, but there was another confirmation.php in my BV folder and the last file you sent me was automatically renamed as confirmation(2).php, should i delete all phps i have in Bv folder and download and upload again..

Something else the email i use in my email client is another one and not that one from BV, i did not tell that before, i do not know if that count

The last file i've sent you this morning is the correct one. So please delete all the php files from your computer, open this last mail I've sent you, and re-save it in your BV folder. This way it will be saved with the correct name "confirmacion.php" . Then upload it on your site

Julia
01-27-2006, 07:59 PM
It is done, i have tried to send me a message through the form but the file is not found, i have uploaded correctly in public_html folder, and the name is now correct confirmation.php, the file was downloaded in Bv folder as you told me, what else must i do?

http://www.tctinternacional.org/contacto.html

navaldesign
01-27-2006, 09:21 PM
It is done, i have tried to send me a message through the form but the file is not found, i have uploaded correctly in public_html folder, and the name is now correct confirmation.php, the file was downloaded in Bv folder as you told me, what else must i do?

http://www.tctinternacional.org/contacto.html

Hi Julia, the page is there, but something does not work as it should so the script is interupted and gives an error message. I'll have a look in the morning.
Bye

Julia
01-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Thanks a lot, i will be working in the site tomorrow night again..

Ci vediamo

navaldesign
01-27-2006, 09:44 PM

Ci vediamo

Ci vediamo senz'altro.

Ciao

deamonox
01-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Is anyone goign to help me with my form??? what do i do to fix it???? and i have a problem with windows media player is there a way that when i add windows media player i want to add a few songs and so i could only click next to play them because now i have to add like 10 media players and they start playing at the same time that sucks

navaldesign
01-27-2006, 10:33 PM
Is anyone goign to help me with my form??? what do i do to fix it???? and i have a problem with windows media player is there a way that when i add windows media player i want to add a few songs and so i could only click next to play them because now i have to add like 10 media players and they start playing at the same time that sucks

Deamonox, if you were a little more polite and said "please" you would certainly have more attention. This is a help forum, we don't get paid to help. Second, if you paid some more attention, you would have seen that i already told you what to do: get your form to it's final version, prepare your thankyou page, and let me know the URLs, so i can prepare your script.

deamonox
01-28-2006, 12:02 AM
i am trying to be polite i know you are the only one who helps dude if you could create me like a simple form of the page i would pay you like 40 or 30 dollars

navaldesign
01-28-2006, 12:13 AM
i am trying to be polite i know you are the only one who helps dude if you could create me like a simple form of the page i would pay you like 40 or 30 dollars

You don't have to pay anything. Just follow my instructions, and build your pages, i'll provide you the script and instructions on how to upload it. If you want i may also make your pages but you will have to give access to your login info for me to upload them on your site

VodaHost
01-28-2006, 12:13 AM
Nobody is here for the money (except me) Naval and the rest only are only helping
becuase they enjoy doing it. Come on Man....it is not that hard.... Build the
the form...You can do it!!!!

VodaHost
01-28-2006, 12:37 AM
deamonox my friend, if you are having serious issues building your site. I recommend
one of two things....

Option A
Outsource the part you are are having issues with. Please visit www.VodaBids.com (http://www.VodaBids.com) (time is money, we outsource all the time)

Option B
Try our new website builder called Soholaunch. Click on the below to learn more...

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/soholaunch-general-issues/3693-welcome-soholaunch.html

deamonox
01-28-2006, 03:16 AM
ok go to my site www.deamonox.net (http://www.deamonox.net) and by the way soholaucnh doesnt have different templates and doesnt have a media player when i looked at it doesnt look that good to me and i put my picture it is just a simple one i am gonna work on the designs later i just need to make the basics all the lines where the pictures are gonna be i need to make an email and a log in and then blogs under the programs and music so people coulkd post that is the only thing i need so can you check me thank you page now?

navaldesign
01-28-2006, 11:42 AM

Ci vediamo

Hi Julia,

I re-built your form on my site so i could test it. It works great. The emails get to my inbox perfectly. Fell free to try it at:
http://www.navaldesign.info/Julia/contacto.html

If that's ok with you i'll just send you the script. You must simoly upload it on the same folder where your form is

Bye

navaldesign
01-28-2006, 12:47 PM
Deamonox

Visit your trial form here,

http://www.navaldesign.info/Deamonox/contact.html

then let me know if it is ok using the form comments itself

navaldesign
01-28-2006, 04:16 PM

As for the Media Player, have a look at:

http://www.navaldesign.info/Deamonox/musicindex.html

and see if that's what you want.

deamonox
01-28-2006, 06:46 PM
yeah something like that and by the way cool how did you do that?

Julia
01-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Hi Julia,

I re-built your form on my site so i could test it. It works great. The emails get to my inbox perfectly. Fell free to try it at:
http://www.navaldesign.info/Julia/contacto.html

If that's ok with you i'll just send you the script. You must simoly upload it on the same folder where your form is

Bye

Thanks you, please send me the script....

navaldesign
01-28-2006, 07:43 PM
yeah something like that and by the way cool how did you do that?

This is a self made Juke Player built ith BV. It is Visible at

http://www.navaldesign.info/Deamonox/musicindex.html

The built-in BV Media Player feature does not allow for more than one file to be uploaded and played. So, create the main page as i did. Put a menu bar (or text, or shapes or images or whatever else you want) for the necessary links. Create AS MANY PAGES AS THE SONGS YOU WANT TO HAVE ON YOUR SITE. To do this, create the first page, inserting the Media Player in the exact size you want it to appear in your main page. Link the Media to the song you want. I have also created a small area above the player , to put the song title there. Save the file as "music1" and publish it. Then , change the song file and the title, and save it again as music2. Publish it. Go on for the rest of your songs. Alternatively you can save the first page as a Template and use it for the rest of the pages. To better understand what i mean, see directly the page: http://www.navaldesign.info/Deamonox/music1.html

If you want, create also the Please Choose a Title page, as in http://www.navaldesign.info/Deamonox/music0.html . It must have the same dimensions as the other pages.

Now, on your main page, create an Iframe with the exact dimensions needed to contain the content of your "music" page. Give it the URL of the Please Choose a Title page . Link the menubar buttons to the music1, music2, etc. pages. If you call the I-frame f.e. "mediaframe", when you set the button links set the URL target in "mediaframe". So if you click on let's say The Doors, who are on the second page, the page"music2" will open in the Iframe.

By the way, I'm still waiting your answer about the Registration Form and the Thankyou page that I prepared for you. Look at it and try it at

http://www.navaldesign.info/Deamonox/contact.html

navaldesign
01-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Thanks you, please send me the script....

Julia,

send me again urgently your "contac......" email. Unfortunately i've left it in my office and i need it to put it in the script

deamonox
01-28-2006, 09:39 PM
oh just go to www.deamonox.net (http://www.deamonox.net) there is all the stuff and my email vykintosas******.com

deamonox
01-28-2006, 09:41 PM
dude i love the backgroudn you chose can you send me it because it is really awsome

deamonox
01-28-2006, 09:50 PM
and i still kind of dont udnerstand can you tell me liek something like 1 by 1 step cause i am stupid and i dont really understand

navaldesign
01-28-2006, 09:53 PM
oh just go to www.deamonox.net (http://www.deamonox.net) there is all the stuff and my email vykintosas******.com

The php mail() function on Voda servers is disabled. In simple words, the form will only work with an email address on your Vodahost account. Create one and let me know it.

navaldesign
01-28-2006, 09:59 PM
dude i love the backgroudn you chose can you send me it because it is really awsome

The background is simply a rectangle with a gradient filling. You do it directly with the shape tool in BV, then you double click it and choose color Gradient, then you choose from which color to which color. I chose a pale brown for start and white for the end.

deamonox
01-28-2006, 10:18 PM
wait so i go to my cpanel i go t owebmail neonx or whatever it is i click manage add accounts and i click create?

deamonox
01-28-2006, 10:20 PM
or the one that is already there because the one that is there is ajcppmyl@deamonox.net

navaldesign
01-28-2006, 10:28 PM
or the one that is already there because the one that is there is ajcppmyl@deamonox.net

This one should be ok. Send me an email from there to see if ir works ok. In themean time please create your thankyoupage and name it exactly that: thankyoupage.html

navaldesign
01-28-2006, 10:32 PM

Also go again at http://www.navaldesign.info/Deamonox/musicindex.html and try the 5th song. It's another version

deamonox
01-28-2006, 10:35 PM
wait what is your email?

navaldesign
01-28-2006, 10:45 PM
wait what is your email?

Use my form: http://www.navaldesign.info/feedback13.html

deamonox
01-28-2006, 10:52 PM
and try my site www.deamonox.net (http://www.deamonox.net) go to audio and try the songs if they work cause it didnt work for me i dont know why

deamonox
01-28-2006, 10:59 PM
and can i make like a button like only one you click it and the box comes out and there are all songs cause i dont want to have lots of buttons for songs

navaldesign
01-28-2006, 11:10 PM
and can i make like a button like only one you click it and the box comes out and there are all songs cause i dont want to have lots of buttons for songs

It can be done: use a Go menu, to put there the song titles and the links

navaldesign
01-28-2006, 11:12 PM
and try my site www.deamonox.net (http://www.deamonox.net) go to audio and try the songs if they work cause it didnt work for me i dont know why

It works. It only delays a bit to download. If you have a dialup connection it can take several seconds. I have a 4.8M ADSL

deamonox
01-28-2006, 11:48 PM
and what about the registration what do i do with it?

deamonox
01-28-2006, 11:57 PM
hey did you change my psw or something cause it doesnt work

deamonox
01-28-2006, 11:58 PM
sorry wrong post

navaldesign
01-29-2006, 12:36 AM
and what about the registration what do i do with it?

Simply make me a direct mail from your Voda account to verify it, because when i send you mail to that address it comes back as bad address. Use mymail: support@navaldesign.it

deamonox
01-29-2006, 01:06 AM
damn it am so stupid i forgot that i changed it it is info@deamonox.net i am a stupid idiot sorry

navaldesign
01-29-2006, 01:17 AM
damn it am so stupid i forgot that i changed it it is info@deamonox.net i am a stupid idiot sorry

Ok received it.
Talk to you tommorow. Bye

deamonox
01-29-2006, 01:40 AM
ok thx for help try to do something if you can thx for helping me

navaldesign
01-29-2006, 10:47 AM
ok thx for help try to do something if you can thx for helping me

Ok Deamonox,

i have the script ready for you. Please note that i have inserted field validation for the name, the email and the password. This means that if your visitor doesn't fill in any of these three fiels, he gets redirected to error pages, that inform him of what he has done wrong.

To see what i mean go to : http://www.navaldesign.info/Deamonox/contact.html and try to submit the form leaving some of the required fileds empty.

To be able to do this validation, you MUST create the following pages:

1. The "thankyoupahe.html" as the one you can see at http://www.navaldesign.info/Deamonox/thankyoupage.html

2. The "email_errorpage.html" as the one you can see at http://www.navaldesign.info/Deamonox/email_errorpage.html

3. The "name_errorpage.html" as the one you can see at http://www.navaldesign.info/Deamonox/name_errorpage.html

4. The "password_errorpage.html" as the one you can see at http://www.navaldesign.info/Deamonox/password_errorpage.html

You just make one page, then save it with the different names, changing the messages. Publish these pages and test them before you go on.

To get that little " < Return to the form" button in the three error pages, in those three pages insert a HTML box (it's the first up on the left hand toolbar. Double click on it and in the window that opens insert the following piece of code:

<FORM>
<input type="button" class="but" value="< Return to the form " onclick=history.go(-1)>
</FORM>

by coping it from here and pasting it there.

Then you must create the "contact.php" file. I would send it to you as an attachment to an email, but seems that your email is not working. I get a "bad address" message when trying to email to you. Please make sure to correct the problem, or you won't receive any mail from the form and your visitors will get that "bad address" message. So here comes the script:

<?php

@$name = addslashes($_POST['name']);
@$password = addslashes($_POST['password']);
@$Comments = addslashes($_POST['Comments']);
@$newsletter = addslashes($_POST['newsletter']);
// Validation
if (strlen($name) <0)
{
header("Location: name_errorpage.html");
exit;
}
if (strlen($name) >20)
{
exit;
}
if (strlen($name) == 0 )
{
exit;
}
if (! ereg('[A-Za-z0-9_-]+\@[A-Za-z0-9_-]+\.[A-Za-z0-9_-]+', $email))
{
header("Location: email_errorpage.html");
exit;
}
if (strlen($email) == 0 )
{
exit;
}
if (strlen($password) <0)
{
header("Location: password_errorpage.html");
exit;
}
if (strlen($password) >10)
{
exit;
}
if (strlen($password) == 0 )
{
exit;
}
//Sending Email to form owner
$pfw_subject = "Registration Form Submission.";
$pfw_email_to = "info@deamonox.net";
$pfw_message = "name: $name\n"
. "password: $password\n"
. "Comments: $Comments\n"
. "newsletter: $newsletter\n";
header("Location: thankyoupage.html");
?>

Copy this code and paste it in notepad. Go to "save file" and chose "File type" "all files". Name it "contact.php". Save it on your computer. Please, first delete or rename your "contact.php" file that you had created on your own with the old script. Upload the script on your site, on the same folder (public_html) where the form is. You're done.
Test the form. First make sure to thoroughly test your email address and get it perfectly functioning. Also test your error pages because if they are not there, it will cause the script to crash.

Let me know if you have any problems.

deamonox
01-29-2006, 02:01 PM
damn my freaking email doesnt work what do i do to fix it?

deamonox
01-29-2006, 02:12 PM
hey can i make like two password so you have to add the same password in both if you dont it isnt going to work and say you etnered not the same password

deamonox
01-29-2006, 02:58 PM
hey i added the buttons submit end reset when i click submit nothing happens my submit button is set value to submit name submit and button type submit and it doesnt work

deamonox
01-29-2006, 03:27 PM
ok nevermind the buttons work but the error dont work if i dont type in one of them

deamonox
01-29-2006, 03:29 PM
it doesnt work go to my site www.deamonox.net (http://www.deamonox.net) registration and try to tregister it doesnt work i dont know why

navaldesign
01-29-2006, 03:58 PM
it doesnt work go to my site www.deamonox.net (http://www.deamonox.net) registration and try to tregister it doesnt work i dont know why

Hi Deamonox,

that's why I told you to finish the form first. Once a script has been prepared for a specified form, you can't simply go and change the names of the fields or add or remove fields. Since you changed the "name" field in "nickname", the validation doesn't find a valid "name" so it always redirects to the Name Error Page. Now i must prepare another script to suit your new form. Another thing also: in your form page there is another form, called registration, with the "action" set to email you at "Admin@deamonox.net". This form has no fields and neither a Submit Button. What's this for? It is also present in all your pages. You must probably have put it there and forgotten it in the first page you built and you carry it along through your entire site.

Also, did you have your email address checked?

navaldesign
01-29-2006, 04:04 PM

And what's that " @deamonox.net " besides the email field? Your visitors have their own email addresses, which are not on your site.

deamonox
01-29-2006, 04:46 PM
nevermind about that and i can change that nickname to name

navaldesign
01-29-2006, 04:49 PM
nevermind about that and i can change that nickname to name

yes but you have also added a field so i must add it too in the script

deamonox
01-29-2006, 04:51 PM
ok i changed that nickanme to name

deamonox
01-29-2006, 04:54 PM
ok i dont get it what do i have to do in that email because when someone registers i get a message email failure and stuff like that what is wrong???? hey plz log in to msn if you have one in that way you could control my computer so you could fix thigns and that would be faster plz plz plz my msn email vykintosas******.com

deamonox
01-29-2006, 04:58 PM
look now it works

deamonox
01-29-2006, 04:59 PM
check it when i complete the registration it says thank your for your registration

deamonox
01-29-2006, 05:09 PM
i think someone else is wrong because ajcppmyl@deamonox.net is my email cause i sent an email to my other email and it works when i try to reply to ajcppmyl@deamonox.net it says wrong email so what did i do wrong?

deamonox
01-29-2006, 05:13 PM
hey i click configure should i change anything there?

deamonox
01-29-2006, 05:14 PM
and outgoing mail server says it requires authentication???

navaldesign
01-29-2006, 05:32 PM
and outgoing mail server says it requires authentication???

yes, which means that in Outlook Express you must tick the box "Server authentication required"

navaldesign
01-29-2006, 05:36 PM
hey i click configure should i change anything there?

No. You should better do the Oytlook express setup manually.

navaldesign
01-29-2006, 05:39 PM
check it when i complete the registration it says thank your for your registration

Yes, it works but doesn't receive the new field (the one about being good with computers)

navaldesign
01-29-2006, 06:10 PM
Here goes the new script thatwill alsi handle your new field. Please follow exactly the same instructions that i gave you with the previous one, regarding saving and uploading the script.

<?php

@$name = addslashes($_POST['name']);
@$password = addslashes($_POST['password']);
@$Comments = addslashes($_POST['Comments']);
@$newsletter = addslashes($_POST['newsletter']);
@$good = addslashes($_POST['good']);

// Validation of some fields

if (strlen($name) <0)
{
exit;
}
if (strlen($name) >20)
{
exit;
}
if (strlen($name) == 0 )
{
exit;
}
if (! ereg('[A-Za-z0-9_-]+\@[A-Za-z0-9_-]+\.[A-Za-z0-9_-]+', $email))
{
exit;
}
if (strlen($email) == 0 )
{
exit;
}
if (strlen($password) <0)
{
exit;
}
if (strlen($password) >10)
{
exit;
}
if (strlen($password) == 0 )
{
exit;
}

//Creating and Sending Email to form owner

$pfw_subject = "Registration Form Submission.";
$pfw_email_to = "info@deamonox.net"; // if you need you can change the email here
$pfw_message = "name: $name\n"
. "password: $password\n"
. "Comments: $Comments\n"
. "newsletter: $newsletter\n";
header("Location: thankyoupage.html");
?>

deamonox
01-29-2006, 07:30 PM
and how can i tick the box authentification required where do i go?

deamonox
01-29-2006, 07:39 PM
ok i put the script in can you tell me step by step what to do next? cause i am a really newbie

deamonox
01-29-2006, 07:44 PM
ok nervermind anymore i create an acocunt named it info@deamonox.net so now when i registereed an account i got the email to it YAYAYAYAYAYYAYA it works finnaly works but i still dont really get it i created a form for email? so what do i do now?

navaldesign
01-29-2006, 07:56 PM
ok nervermind anymore i create an acocunt named it info@deamonox.net so now when i registereed an account i got the email to it YAYAYAYAYAYYAYA it works finnaly works but i still dont really get it i created a form for email? so what do i do now?

Sorry but i don't understand what else you really want. The form gives you your visitor's info. WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WITH IT IS ONLY IN YOUR MIND. How couldI ever know?. For example, you may have some pages that are password protected, so you can use the password they have filled in and their name to allow them to enter a specified area of your site, or you can have their data on a database so you can automatically send them the newsletter, or you can email them if they are interested to become partners, or.............. How can I possibly know why you created the form and what you want to acomplish ?

navaldesign
01-29-2006, 07:58 PM
and how can i tick the box authentification required where do i go?

PLEASE, watch the tutorials! They are here: http://www.vodahost.com/tut_email.htm

deamonox
01-29-2006, 09:01 PM
thx for your help thx a lot now i am gonna go to a different forum to ask people about blogs thx for helping to create a form

navaldesign
01-29-2006, 09:03 PM
thx for your help thx a lot now i am gonna go to a different forum to ask people about blogs thx for helping to create a form

You're welcome