My form do not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My form do not work

The form i have made in my site, seems not to work properly, when i click on the send buttom i get a message the the url was not found, the mail i used to set up the form is configured in my mail client, i have followed all the steps of the tutorial to set it up correctly...some ideas where the problem could be lying?

Re: My form do not work

Originally posted by Julia
    The form i have made in my site, seems not to work properly, when i click on the send buttom i get a message the the url was not found, the mail i used to set up the form is configured in my mail client, i have followed all the steps of the tutorial to set it up correctly...some ideas where the problem could be lying?
    Hi Julia

upload the link to your form page so we can have a look
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi.... this is the page www.tctinternacional.org/contacto.html i have been reading the topics about forms, i understand i need to make a second page to confirm people their message have been sent, but not a clue what i must do further...thanks,

Comment

Julia....

1) Please watch the the form tutorials 3 times.
        2) Please use the PHP code provided in the form tutorials...

If you do not feel comfortable with the above. Please consider
        using Soholaunch to build your website. Soho has a built in form
        generator.

http://www.vodahost.com/soholaunch.htm
        Last edited by VodaHost; 01-25-2006, 05:45 PM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi.... this is the page
          www.tctinternacional.org/contacto.html i have been reading the topics about forms, i understand i need to make a second page to confirm people their message have been sent, but not a clue what i must do further...thanks,
          Hi Julia,

a few comments:

1. The name fiels and the organisation field have the same name, T1. Change them in "Nombre" e "Organizacion" .No accent please over the "o".
          2. The "No pertenezco a ninguna organización " Radio Button and the "Necesito información " radio button have the same name., "contactos from ctc". Change them in "Organizacion" and "information" and put rispectively values "si" and "si" , so when they click on the buttons you will receive f.e. "No pertenezco a ninguna organización: si " and "Necesito informacion : si". Make them "selected" by default.
          3. Your third Radio Button has no name at all, name it "Partecipacion" and put value "si". Make it by default "not selected". They will have to click on it to express their interest to partecipy.
          4. Change the email field name in "email" it now is "mail". You can leave it as it is, but most of the ready scripts need "email" to work.
          5. Change the form action in"confirmacion.php" . As it is now it does nothing. . It doesn't even have the "mailto:" .
          6. The "Como encontró nuestra pagina " dropdown list has to be larger. Select it and make it wider.
          7. Build your Thankyou or Confirmation page in Bluevoda, as you like it. Just worry about the visual part, don't do anything about the script.

When you're done, publish the pages - both the form page and the Thankyou page. Let me know the URLs of your pages. I'll provide you with the necessary"confirmacion.php" file and you will just have to upload it. Please also let me know your email address on your vodahost account. I have to insert that in the script.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks..*****, i have been watching the form tutorials, i will try again to upload all my pages with the changes i made, i am already becoming used to bluevoda, maybe soholaunch is something for me but for my next site, it seems an easy to use site builder for sure i am gonna use it..

being new to web design i can not believe i could put all tha pages together all on my own, thanks to bluevova..

Comment

Hi again, thanks for replying, making the changes i realized i never could without help, i have made all the changes this are the links www.tctinternacional.org/contacto.html
              www.tctinternacional.org/gracias_por_contactarnos.html

i will send you a mail with my mail on my vodahost account

I forgot something where do i have to upload my (thank for contacting us) page, because i can not make a link in all the pages for that page, in ftp?

it's fine thanks

Comment

Hi again, thanks for replying, making the changes i realized i never could without help, i have made all the changes this are the links www.tctinternacional.org/contacto.html

Ok Julia, i'll check the pages and provide you the script. Hope I'll be able to do this today, In Italy it's 18.35 so whithin 1/2 hour I'll be leaving. If I can't make it today i'll do it in the morning
                Navaldesign

Comment

I forgot something where do i have to upload my (thank for contacting us) page, because i can not make a link in all the pages for that page, in ftp?

it's fine thanks
                  Julia,
                  i can't find your Thankyou page. The URL is wrong. Please give me the correct URL
                  Navaldesign

Comment

For sure you are almost living now but is quite Ok for tomorrow, i think this is the right link www.tctinternacional.org/gracias_por_contactar, if not i will try to find out tonight the right one.

Comment

For sure you are almost living now but is quite Ok for tomorrow, i think this is the right link www.tctinternacional.org/gracias_por_contactar, if not i will try to find out tonight the right one.
                      I've found it for myself, it's www.tctinternacional.org/gracias_por_contactar.html you missed the .html extension. Ok, i'll have a look tommorow morning
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Julia,

I can't go on and prepare the script if you don't first make the corrections i've told you about. Please make the necessary modifications and publish the page so i can check it
                        Navaldesign

Comment

hey i made it but when i click register it says page cannot be found what do i do and my url is http://www.deamonox.net/contact.html it is jsut a simple but when i click register it doesnt work

Comment

Originally posted by deamonox
                            hey i made it but when i click register it says page cannot be found what do i do and my url is http://www.deamonox.net/contact.html it is jsut a simple but when i click register it doesnt work
                            Let me explain something to you deamonox,

what you have created is the form page. You have put in the form action field "contact.php". This means that when you click on "submit" , the code in this page calls another page, the "contact.php" page. It is this page that should contain the piece of code necessary to receive the info from your form and then create an email to be sent to you. You obviously have not yet created this php page and that's why you get a 404 Page not found Error . If you watch tutorial #1 carefully, you will see that under it, in red, there is a Read Me! This is where all this is explained. So follow exactly those instructions and create your php page. If you have difficulties after that or you want to change or improve your form with validation etc, post again and i'll be happy to help.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Julia,

here is the script and the necessary instructions:

<?php
                              // Receiving variables from the form
                              @$organizacion = addslashes($_POST['organizacion']);
                              @
                              $informacion = addslashes($_POST['informacion']);
                              @
                              $como_nos_encontró = addslashes($_POST['como_nos_encontró']);
                              @
                              $comentarios = addslashes($_POST['comentarios']);
                              @
                              $participacion = addslashes($_POST['participacion']);
                              @
                              $email = addslashes($_POST['email']);
                              @
                              $nombre = addslashes($_POST['nombre']);

//Sending info to form owner
                              $pfw_header = "From: $email\n"
                              . "Reply-To: $email\n";
                              $pfw_subject = "Information from Contact Form"; // Change the subject if you like
                              $pfw_email_to = "put your exact email on your vodahost account here";
                              $pfw_message = "organizacion: $organizacion\n"
                              . "informacion: $informacion\n"
                              . "como_nos_encontró: $como_nos_encontró\n"
                              . "comentarios: $comentarios\n"
                              . "participacion: $participacion\n"
                              . "email: $email\n"
                              . "nombre: $nombre\n";
                              *****(
                              $pfw_email_to, $pfw_subject ,$pfw_message ,$pfw_header ) ;
                              header(
                              "Location: http://www.tctinternacional.org/gracias_por_contactar.html");
                              ?>

1. Copy this code and paste it in Notepad.
                              2. You should put your exact email address (the one on your Voda account)
                              3. Change the Subject line if you like
                              4. In Notepad, choose "Save as", select File type "All files", and save the file as "confirmacion.php".
                              5. Upload the saved file on your server, on the same folder where your contact page is. Use BlueFTP to do this.

Julia, I've given you these instructions so that others can also see what's the procedure. You don't really need to do all this, because I've emailed you the ready - finished file, including your email address. Just do the uploading on the server. Test the form and let me know.

Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X