Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing space

hi all,

when i designed my site i had a white column next to my main page. now that i have published my site i have a white column down boths sides. how do make use of the column on the left if i cant see it in editor?

i hope you know what i mean

Re: missing space

The columns that you see on the right and left is your background color. to change it click on page to open page properties to change color.
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

i dont want to change the color, i want to place adverts in that space. but in the editor i can only see the right hand column, how can i put something in the left hand column if i cant see it?

Comment

Hi. place the advert in the left area on your BV page 1st & then build the web page. If you are thinking of something like Google adds on both sides? I believe they came as a minimum of 120px wide. If so! you will end up with side scroll on the page as it will end up 40-50px over the max width for most visitors viewing.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

i have already built my website so that wont work. next idea?

Comment

how can i put something in the left hand column if i cant see it? Move it!
            next idea? Build it again!
            As quoted by VH on the very 1st instructions on starting your 1st web page.
            The first thing that you should do when getting ready to construct your first web page is to define it. What do you want your web page to do? Do not just start constructing your page, really think about it. You should think about how you want it to look, what information you want to provide to your prospective customer in order to persuade him to buy your product or service rather than going elsewhere.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

ok i have moved my page around and things dont level up. my thinking is though that if the space is there when i publish, i should be able t use the space in the builder. please take a look to see what i mean www.thehuskyforum.com

Comment

That space you are referring to is because your monitor can show a page width of 1000px. Your customers, however, may or may not be able to have a page width that size. The standard now for pages is 800 width because of the multitudes of people who still use those monitors. And you don't want them to have to scroll left to right. If this is not an issue for you, then you could change the page widths to a wider setting.

Sideways scrolling is a major pain for site visitors, just remember.
                Karen Williams
                Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Working...
                X